TaTundra 1 gen DC build

tyv12

Adventurer
It's not even worth it, I picked mine up used and used it as a template, built custom mounts, added metal plating and moved the bumper in almost a foot and up about 6" they are really not designed for these trucks it would be tough to pay 2k for a bumper then back it up when now there are some way better options off the hop

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

rickashay

Explorer
So my rear leaf springs are shot and the 2.0 icons I was running in the rear puked their guts out so getting ready to set up the rear suspension. I tow quite a bit with this thing still so I'm gonna order alcan leaf pack built with an extra 600lb payload and thinking I'm gonna try the fox shocks that rickashay is running only I'm gonna put a boot on them as my last ones the shaft got chewed up on gravel. At the same time ordering a u bolt flip kit so well see how that goes.

I've always noticed on my SAW coilovers that as the weather gets colder below -10'c the front suspension gets very harsh over small bumps as in tar snakes and bumps in the highway and its. Starting to drive me crazy seeing what the rest of you make out with coilovers in the winter because if I could get a better ride from another coilovers I would swap in a heartbeat

Good call on the shock boots. I'm going to order some of the fox shin guards and was going to run the rally armor mud flaps if I can figure out how to mount them. Very interesting on the outcome of your Alcan leaf pack! Please keep your notes and before and after measurements. This prototype shackle flip kit will be coming down the pipeline fairly soon so keep that in the back of your head if its something you might consider running to get some lift back.

BTW the adjustment knobs on the Foxs are way too easy to adjust when the weather gets cold and they stiffen up ;)

marathonracer

Adventurer
St maxx are definately wearing better than the duratracs but they definately don't hook up on the ice the same. I'm gonna go studded St maxx for winter next year and then run normal ones in the summer I think. Tire choice for me was dictated by size if 255\85 came in a ko2 I would prefer that as I'm running them on my sequoia and they are impressive

A 255 85 duratrac would be the ideal tire for my uses. You could swap to a 17 and run 34 10.5 ko2. I thought about it when they first came out but they are spendy buggers.

What do you have for a rear set up for leaves currently?

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Good call on the shock boots. I'm going to order some of the fox shin guards and was going to run the rally armor mud flaps if I can figure out how to mount them. Very interesting on the outcome of your Alcan leaf pack! Please keep your notes and before and after measurements. This prototype shackle flip kit will be coming down the pipeline fairly soon so keep that in the back of your head if its something you might consider running to get some lift back.

BTW the adjustment knobs on the Foxs are way too easy to adjust when the weather gets cold and they stiffen up ;)
Check out sparco universal mudflaps, a lot cheaper than rally armor, bigger and do the same job. I've run both. rally armor's on my Subaru and put sparcos on my wife's pilot. Works well to keep the stones off the body.

tyv12

Adventurer
A 255 85 duratrac would be the ideal tire for my uses. You could swap to a 17 and run 34 10.5 ko2. I thought about it when they first came out but they are spendy buggers.

What do you have for a rear set up for leaves currently?
I like as much sidewall as possible so I'll always run 16s as well if you look at the actual measurement on balanced with those ko2 you're lucky to get 33"
Leaf pack is stock main and progressive add a leaf they're just tired tho

TravelsWithRalph

Adventurer
Is the ubolt flip just an assembly of parts or does someone sell a kit for not as handy folks like me. Also interested in your rear spring choices. For my 2001 AC, I'm thinking icon's up front with Deavers in the rear at stock either +500 or +600 in the rear, with 2" lift built in. Also tow a lot. Will soon have an A.R.E cap with either a platform or drawers.

Last edited:

tyv12

Adventurer

For sure I'll take measurements and im very much interested in the flip kit I'll use it with the alcans as well. My dad has been running alcans with 1.5" lift and 600lb extra payload for 3 years now in his 05/AC and they ride amazing and flex better than stock
So your coilovers you're able to dial them softer in the winter time then?
Also I've been wanting to add some quick release rally style flaps for gravel and highway driving to save my sliders some damage, haven't quite figured out mount them yet

Last edited:

tyv12

Adventurer
Did a trip to ruby falls and a few other trails last August and just found the flash drive with the pictures so i figured i would put some up it was some seriously good times.

Attachments

• ruby3.jpg
    ruby3.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 50
  • ruby2.jpg
    ruby2.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 45
  • ruby1.jpg
    ruby1.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 44
  • ruby4.jpg
    ruby4.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 49
  • ruby6.jpg
    ruby6.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 48
  • ruby7.jpg
    ruby7.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 51
  • ruby10.jpg
    ruby10.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 46
  • ruby9.jpg
    ruby9.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 42
  • ruby8.jpg
    ruby8.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 48
  • ruby11.jpg
    ruby11.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 43

tyv12

Adventurer
Got around to mounting my hilift with a clamp kit and its nice to not have it bouncing around the box anymore. Also picked up a Cobra cb radio nice to finally have some comms
51c7fcc7189f238d7d653ba5255348aa.jpg

abe90e96c7e57b5cce6ef9b4bdb81368.jpg

tyv12

Adventurer
Lol mounted my cobra in about the same place!
Ended up tucking in the front of the centre console so the whole radio can be completely hidden away, you're reading my mind on your build with tub/wheel/ tire combo I'm planning to do so at least I'll have a template to go by to tub mine out for 35s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz