The All Wheel Drive Sprinter is Here

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Of course I will make a visit to Portland and give it a try first hand. Here is the pictures from their site regarding what I'd like to consider with the flare panels widening the van and using a two panel bed laying across the van.
Ahh, the flare panels. I forgot the flare panels. Legacy of the old Gulfstream G24 Vista Cruiser.

Gulfstream G24.jpg

(It's a useful concept. The crosswise bed in our first camper only worked for me at 5'10" because the Seitz windows' framing and curvature gave an extra 2" per side.)

I don't know what transport/route you'll take to get to Hood River, but if you end up passing through Portland and have any extra time, let me know so we can get together. I owe you lunch or something for the effort you made on the ex-John Speed camper van.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Not a solid axle.

A solid axle would have been a disaster!

Solid axles are good for old school rockcrawling and the easy of swap, but that's about it!

Consider that there are dozen reasons, advantages to, independent suspensions. There is a reason nearly every manufacture has gone away from solid axles. So many more advantages to independent front suspension for handling, control, turning radius, etc. When you consider what a Sprinter all do with 4wd it is the obvious choice.

Even many modern competitive rock crawlers have adopted IFS!

Shannon-Campbell1-King-of-Hammers-2-10-12.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior