Price Drop - Built Tacoma Crew Cab - Long Travel, ARB's, Armor

bcnaz

Observer
You could, yes, but I don't have the originals (can find them pop up on craigslist) and you'd need to trim the bottom for clearance. I was actually going to go glass, but the raw, kind of stripped down / industrial look kind of grew on me. Kind of adds to the aggressive look and helps communicate to your fellow commuters that it is probably best that they get out of the way because there is a high likelihood that this guy doesn't mind swapping paint. :ylsmoke:

bcnaz

Observer
Price Drop

Price Drop - Now $24,950 Firm - That's a fully built truck for less than $2K over book!

bcnaz

Observer
For the love of all that is good, HOW IS THIS STILL AVAILABLE????

LOL - I have NO idea.

I'm guessing it's a bad time for sales in general (post Christmas holidays when people are paying off their bills, yet pre tax return), but the truck is SOLID - no leaks, no weird noises or vibrations (even at 80 mph), never smoked in, tight front end with no play (one off road trip since SDHQ rebuilt the entire front end). That and it's an '08 with less than 70K miles so financing will be a breeze.

I'm kind of wondering if it is the bare fender appearance. I actually love it but now I'm kind of contemplating taking it off the market, throwing some glass on the front (nothing crazy - Glassworks 4"), and then relist her and take her up to the Overland Expo (registration is good through Summer and I don't need to sell - just trying to cut the fleet down to make the wife happy).

aero

Adventurer
How long has the lift been on it and about how much lift are you running as pictured? Approx how much lift can you adjust with the coilovers?

Would the 4.56 be too much for 33's? 35's are too big for emissions up here.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
How long has the lift been on it and about how much lift are you running as pictured? Approx how much lift can you adjust with the coilovers?

There are at least a couple guys here running 4.88s on 33s just for reference. Tacodoc is one I believe. I'm planning for 4.56 gears on 33s eventually.

bcnaz

Observer

Sorry for the delay -

Kit is about 2.5-3 years old (though completely gone through last year) and off the top of my head I believe it's about 4.5 - 5 inches with 2-3 inches of adjust ability. Link to their site below - 4.56's with 33's wouldn't be an issue. Some people will actually go to 4:88's with 35's, but the KM2 "35's" on there now are closer to 34" actual height and she'll do 80-90 on the freeway no problem.

https://www.allprooffroad.com/fjfrontsuspension/fjlongtravel

bcnaz

Observer
I'll try and throw a tap measure on it today, but it's definitely less than 6'6" (no issues at all fitting in a standard garage height). MPG depends on how you drive it - crazy hard on the gas and you'll get as low as 13-14, drive conservative and keep it under 80 and you can get 15-17. Not a Prius - but pretty dang good for a long travel crew cab on 35's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier