Painted Mines Trail, Colorado

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
After suffering from some depression on Saturday and just being tired in general I knew I needed to get out and get some fresh air. So I headed off to the 'Painted Mines' hiking trail just outside of Calhan, Colorado for a short hike.

I had the place all to myself till I got back to parking lot where there was a group getting ready to head out. Though this was only a short hike it did wonders and I feel a whole lot better.

Sometimes its the small things that can make all the difference.

Last edited:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
There are a lot of hidden gems on the Eastern plains of Colorado. In fall, winter and spring I ride my motorcycle out there a lot. There are quite a few long, lonely roads with very little traffic. They don't have the twisties or the spectacular vistas of the mountains but in their own way they are very beautiful.
I have to admit I've never heard of this area either but I might have to check it out now that I know about it!

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
There are a lot of hidden gems on the Eastern plains of Colorado. In fall, winter and spring I ride my motorcycle out there a lot. There are quite a few long, lonely roads with very little traffic. They don't have the twisties or the spectacular vistas of the mountains but in their own way they are very beautiful.
I have to admit I've never heard of this area either but I might have to check it out now that I know about it!

Ya, I kind of came across this just in passing while looking at some other areas to explore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior