72 Bug, Baja for the road

warwgn

Explorer
Starting the bottom support for the fuel cell. And can see the new support bar for the shoulder harness up high like it should be.

warwgn

Explorer
Fuel cell frame is mostly done, just need to pick up some all thread and weld some tabs on the top frame so I can bolt it in place. Not the exact plan I had in mind when I started but think it is gonna work perfect and better than planned.

warwgn

Explorer
If it moves there is a major problem! !

now on to the next bit.......

think you will still need a bunch of gerry cans for that long ride in BC to Alaska

Depends on fuel milage and how much it actually ends up holding. The trailer I have to pull behind it will hold 3 jerry cans easy just in case though.

nepbug

I love the pace of the build, not rushed, but fast still.

Any pics of the trailer you'll be towing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

warwgn

Explorer
might do some more mods to the trailer, and def paint to match the bug, but it will work fine. I pulled it alot behind my Goldwing and it did great, not a huge amount of space but combined with a roof rack and what I can fin inside above the fuel tank it shold be everything I need.

20141007_180550_zpsrfxrpyq7.jpg

20141007_181554_zpscmfokh3g.jpg

nepbug

What brand/model is that? It reminds me of an updated Coleman Caboose, which I've always wanted.

warwgn

Explorer
As for the pace, I am trying to have it ready to take a 1600 mile road trip at the end of April, so you can see I have a lot to do before then!!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
What brand/model is that? It reminds me of an updated Coleman Caboose, which I've always wanted.

Don't know who built that one, but at first glance I assumed it to be an inexpensive roof box on a utility trailer. Which puts me in a mind to take some measurements of a couple of my many unused roof boxes before heading to Harbor Freight...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94