A Haole's guide to the South Shore of Kauai

OSV

Adventurer
i was on kauai before 9/11, we drove right onto the base and surfed out there, it was pretty cool... signed in at the gate, no problem.

stayed all the way at the other end of the road, by the bay on the north shore, and surfed it several times.

such a cool place, thx for the pics

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
GREAT pics and lots of information on my favorite vacation spot.

But why show and tell everyone how beautiful the place is? You're only going to encourage more to go there...

pmatusov

AK6PM
Funny you should mention it... On 9/11, I was getting ready to drive to MCAS Kaneohe... And it got delayed by several weeks.

pmatusov

AK6PM
GREAT pics and lots of information on my favorite vacation spot.
But why show and tell everyone how beautiful the place is? You're only going to encourage more to go there...
Well.. it applies to all other places we write about on this site, isn't it?
And not too many people end up in Kauai. The "glamour" isn't quite there yet.

BulletHead

Adventurer
Thanks for the info. Missed out on most of these sights ~10 years ago on honeymoon. Planning on going again next year to celebrate the 10 yr anniversary.

Kya

Adventurer
Thanks for posting up your TR. Awesome pictures! We'll be there in July and your detailed beta will come in handy. Those spiders are so cool looking and big.

mapper

Explorer
Nice report. I'm blessed enough to be a frequent traveler to Kauai as my mother has become a "sun bird" there (escaping the summer heat months of the SW to the "off season" on Kauai). As noted there are many wonderful things to be done and deep pockets are not required if you try to "think local". Further, the more local you think the more the locals will respect you. Culture runs deep in Kauai and many people have a very strong sense of place there, probably the strongest I've seen it the "U.S.", it is so wonderful to see. Definitely skip the Starbucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior