2012 and newer shock replacement

Mock Tender

Adventurer
I have gone back over all the posts I could find to see what are the appropriate shocks to replace the stock 2012 and newer Fuso shocks. Unfortunately, I can't find a clear cut answer. Seems that between modifications, lifts, customizing, year of Fuso- there has been a lot of floundering and settling of "it works for me in how I drive". Has anyone with a 2012 and newer know exactly what length and mounting type is needed to keep from bottoming out and work well?

I have a new FG showing up in a couple of weeks- so this would be good to get answered.

Thanks,

Mark

Mock Tender

Adventurer
Okay- perhaps no one is interested- but I spent enough energy to get this info- I am going to post it.

According to Philip Thoma at Richfield Service in Wisconsin (Fuso Dealer extraordinaire) who could not get any specs from Fuso USA put a 2013 FG on the rack and removed the stock shocks to get the following information.

Rear Shocks- Fully extended 22.75 inches Fully compressed 13.5 inches. With a 5/8" eye on the top and the bottom.

Front Shock- Fully extended 24 inches Fully compressed 15 inches. With a 1/2" eye on the the bottom and a stud on top.

According to Rancho

"Thank you for contacting Rancho Suspension.

For the rear you can use the RS999344 and for the front the RS999236.

For further questions or assistance, please contact technical assistance at 734-384-7804 M - F 8:30am - 5:30pm EST.

Rancho Team Member,
Ary Lam"

The Rancho answer seems generic. I am waiting on a response from RadFlo who builds custom shocks. After two weeks driving on the stock suspension- I know that needs to go.

Mark

Maninga

Adventurer
Have you tried talking to Earthcruiser and All Terrain Warriors USA? Earthcruiser build campers on the 2012+ Fuso and ATW has their parabolic upgrade available.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Mock - what I see as more of an issue is the limited upward travel of the stock system (and, to an extent, of the parabolics too). The shocks won't do anything to help with bottoming out, at least they shouldn't...unless they're specifically designed to act as limiters. I've got the parabolics, and some road train shocks on my truck, but I'm seriously considering pulling the Timbren rubber snubbers and installing pneumatic bump stops. I can't do anything about the shocks just yet, since I don't have the truck in final weight configuration, but when I do I'm going to be looking at some reservoir shocks.

Thanks for getting that info, one of these days I'll pull one of the Road Train shocks off and get the specs off of that too. I really need to check the amount of articulation....and I'm somewhat considering what a slightly longer set of shackles will do to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior