Hj75 , thoughts, comments, etc

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hey, another question to the 7x guys here. Can a second row seat be easily installed in the hj75? This one only has rear jumps.

The Troopcarrier also came as a "RV" version that had a second row of seats and none of the rear jump seats. Should be a simple (but costly?) matter to get a rear seat shipped over from Oz.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...Aw&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCAQMygYMBg4ZA

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...4&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CD8QMyg3MDc4yAE

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Would a seat from a 70 , 73 , 74 fit? Those had rear seats right?
Kurt, help! Chime in please. Lol

Yes, absolutely. As would a variety of seats from other models such as Jeep's, Samurai's and aftermarket options from Best-Top, etc. Non-issue. 2nd row bench was standard offering in many troopies. Toyota calls it a "Transverse Rear Seat" on the newer models.

Capture.JPG

One of my employees (BFerg on the forums) has a BestTop rear bench he added to his BJ74, mounting one (or two) into a HJ75 wouldn't be far off at all. Comes with all the hardware too. He is back in the shop on Monday, I'll snag a shot. Here is a generic pic of them:

39435-09.jpg

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
My local Toyota dealer here in Phx Camelback Toyota did a great job of getting me tons of parts when I had my Troopy,
I used the EPC disk to figure out the part number (which is often something the local NAPA has since Toyota cross used many parts) and they ordered it up often from out of the US for no extra shipping!!
As a family we loved our Troopy except when my younger son had to crawl over a seat to get out every time:)
Mine was non-turbo so very slow in the mountains but great otherwise.
RHD was no big deal for me to get used to and fun more than not.

Great platform for 2 people and amazing how much room you have inside.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Very cool truck, as others have mentioned above, it can take a bit more time but any thing can be sourced here, and as long as you go in to 7x ownership with a bit more patience for parts delivery it's all good!:sombrero:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Stick to a low pressure turbo system and that 2H will run forever... I had near the same truck while living in NE Australia (and a Ute) and they're great trucks. They're not gonna go run Johnson Valley, but they'll get you and all your kit over hill and dale and back home again. That is one neat truck and I'm mildly jealous aye... Congrats on the new rig.

Cheers

Dave

eco 45

Supporting Sponsor
RHD is easy to drive and if you have kids they love sitting in the front passenger seat making faces at passing cars. For drive troughs I back through....helps perfect a driving skill and gives the people at the window a laugh. These trucks are easy to get parts for and a joy to drive. Only draw back is that if you are not a people person....you are going to get a lot of attention driving that thing. Great purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier