What did I just buy.

RussK

Observer
I did a few things, traced a non functional head light and blower motor to poor connection at the fuse block. I got the fluids changed out.

Here is a pic with my other toy behind it.

The freshly painted wheels made it look so much better.

RussK

Observer
I finely got it on the road, it didn't have the power it should have. It was sluggish and running warm. I had noticed that the injector pump was at full adjustment (advanced) and with the way it was running , all indications were that it was still retarded a little.
instead of taking it back to the guy that installed it , I did it my self. I set the engine to 26 degrees and removed the pump and re-clocked it, resetting it buy the drip method and now its setting 1/2 way though its adjustment range. Its starts better and runs so much better now.
Its still no speed demon, but that three legged turtle wont get me next time, maybe I can win back some of my money.
I took some pics but I cant find the camera to load, but I will when I find it. I do have one question, what is this switch for? its the one in the upper left of the photo next to the hazard switch.
Thanks RussK

AZJim

Observer
Your G is coming along well, looking forward to your stories once you start taking trips. Your other toy looks like a 40's Cadillac. Is it and what model?

Jim

I did a few things, traced a non functional head light and blower motor to poor connection at the fuse block. I got the fluids changed out.

Here is a pic with my other toy behind it.

The freshly painted wheels made it look so much better.

mnewxcv

Observer
didnt think id end up subbing to a benz thread, but this thing is just cool. everything you need and nothing you dont.

RussK

Observer
Well its been a while, I have had so many things going on at work and at home,the work on the G has been on the back burner.
That's not saying that I haven't made any progress, just not as much as I would had hoped.

I have fixed some rust issues here are the picks

cant tell its been repaired
it has come along way from when I got it.
to what it is today.

RussK

Observer
The interior looks almost new after a good cleaning, would like to replace the floor vinyl, but that's a later issue, will get some pics of the inside posted. right now I'm detailing it under the hood and will post some pics soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles