Ark Pak - Questions and Queries

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Hi All

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support during the past year and I hope that 2017 will be a prosperous year for all of us.

This year our closure period will be as follows:-

CLOSING DATE: Thursday 22nd DECEMBER, 2016

RESUME: Tuesday, 3rd JANUARY, 2017.

so if you post any questions or send any emails during this time we will not be in a position to answer them untill we re open in January 2017.

We hope that you have a pleasant, safe and relaxing holiday period and we look forward to staying in touch with you in 2017.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Are you having any Christmas, New Year sales? I missed black friday so I am curious about any sales on say an arkpak 730?

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all in the USA

if you think its all BBQ's Beaches and sunshine here in Australia then you are wrong check this photo out

snow 2016.jpg

GOT YA :Wow1::Wow1::Wow1: its so hot but i wouldnt want to be any where else

stockton beach.jpg

SnoViking

Adventurer
Does the Anderson plug on an Ark Pak 715 charge through the smart charger portion? Or does it hook directly to the battery itself?

Of do you have to use the 12V to 12V power pack?

I like the idea of using the Anderson plug to connect the Ark Pak directly to the chassis battery.

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
Do you have to replace your factory battery like you do with a dual battery setup? Can you run the factory battery and then have a group 31 deep cycle battery?

I'm cross shopping this, a goal zero yeti 400, and dual battery setup to run a fridge

moabian

Anyone using the ArkPak 730 with a Lithium Ion battery? I've been using a 50-lb Odyssey PC-1500T but have been thinking about switching to a 100 ah LiFePO4 since the prices have come down slightly. However, I no longer see anything about Lithium Ion compatibility on the ArkPak website. Were there problems?

Edit a few hours later: I hope not...because I just got a helluva price on a 100ah Lithium Ion battery from Battle Born Batteries in Nevada. It should be here Thursday. It will have much more capacity and be substantially lighter than the Odyssey. The Battle Born battery was shipped within an hour of ordering and I even got a call from a guy at the company. He said they call everyone who orders one of their batteries. I probably spent 15 minutes on the phone with him. He had gone so far as to research the ArkPak to see if it met the charging requirements and, after checking the ArkPak connectors, he also sent the bolts I will need to connect the battery.

Last edited:

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Anyone using the ArkPak 730 with a Lithium Ion battery? I've been using a 50-lb Odyssey PC-1500T but have been thinking about switching to a 100 ah LiFePO4 since the prices have come down slightly. However, I no longer see anything about Lithium Ion compatibility on the ArkPak website. Were there problems?

Edit a few hours later: I hope not...because I just got a helluva price on a 100ah Lithium Ion battery from Battle Born Batteries in Nevada. It should be here Thursday. It will have much more capacity and be substantially lighter than the Odyssey. The Battle Born battery was shipped within an hour of ordering and I even got a call from a guy at the company. He said they call everyone who orders one of their batteries. I probably spent 15 minutes on the phone with him. He had gone so far as to research the ArkPak to see if it met the charging requirements and, after checking the ArkPak connectors, he also sent the bolts I will need to connect the battery.

Wow, great customer service! A friend brought that battery company to my attention a few weeks ago. Prices are really attractive and the amount of info on their website was really helpful. Your experience is also great to hear. Please keep us in the loop on how things are going with this LiFePO4 battery + the ArkPak!

Last edited:

moabian

The Battle Born battery fits perfectly in the ArkPak...almost like the ArkPak was designed for it. The ArkPak cables need to be tucked into the indentation in the lid of the enclosure in order to latch the lid. The previous Odyssey battery that I had in the ArkPak had a lot of room to bounce around.

bijanjames

Adventurer
DC to DC charging question for Ark Pak 730

Can I charge a Ark Pak 730 DC to DC while having it plugged into my fridge? I was about to purchase your DC to DC charging kit and then read that it is not compatible with your 715 and 730 models.

moabian

I looked at them, but they are sticking to 2-year-old pricing. Their 100ah battery is $400 more than the Battle Born 100ah battery...$1299 vs $899.

john61ct

Adventurer
I haven't seen any signs that house-bank sized LFP pricing is declining.

Maybe the overpriced infrastructure will get more sensible, but bare cells will likely stay steady.

To me Firefly Oasis is the way to go for these, handles PSOC abuse fine, down to 20% SoC fine, $500 for 100+ AH

And a lot less fussy/risky than LFP.

moabian

For one, the Firefly battery will not fit in the ArkPak. And second, the primary reason I went with the Lithium battery was weight. The Battle Born 100ah battery is 29 lbs. The Firefly battery is 74 pounds. No thanks. I have now seen 2 companies selling sub-$1000 100ah Lithium batteries.

austintaco

Explorer
Hello. Does Brett still check in on this thread? I have been trying to order a DC/DC charger with no luck or feedback from Ark Pak. I have called and emailed, but have only heard radio silence. Mine fried last year and I waited until now to get a new one.

PIC4GOD

Adventurer
Hello. Does Brett still check in on this thread? I have been trying to order a DC/DC charger with no luck or feedback from Ark Pak. I have called and emailed, but have only heard radio silence. Mine fried last year and I waited until now to get a new one.
Don't bother. I had one replaced under warranty and when that one went bad they wouldn't replace it again. I went on Amazon and got a higher amperage rated 12vv to 24v converter and it has been flawless for the last couple of years. Also for only $35.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles