Ark Pak - Questions and Queries

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all

i just wanted to advise that if any one has questions or queries about the Ark pak that you are most welcome to post them up, there has been a thread started in the camping equipment section of this forum, but i thought it would be best to also put up a thread in this section as well.

so please ask away.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Ark 2014 Christmas New year shut down period

Hi to all

i know i just posted up about asking questions about the Ark Pak and then i thought i should also advise you of our Christmas and New Year shut down.

just wanted to advise that Ark Australia will be closed from Friday 19/12/2014 and re open Monday 05/01/2015, you are still able to make purchases from the USA website no problem at all, if you require tech support you will have to wait until after the 05/01/2014.

i will do my best to log on and check if there are any questions in this shut down period, but as i am going camping i may not get good connection.

Regards

Brett from Ark

mattlines

Power help

Last year I bought an arkpak and put a 95amp hour Bosch battery in it. I have all the settings right and have had nothing but trouble. After 24 hours only running my 39l engel fridge the battery is reading on 38%
I've heard and seen many people run they're fridge on a 100amp hour battery for 3-5 days. Tell me what I am doing wrong please.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Last year I bought an arkpak and put a 95amp hour Bosch battery in it. I have all the settings right and have had nothing but trouble. After 24 hours only running my 39l engel fridge the battery is reading on 38%
I've heard and seen many people run they're fridge on a 100amp hour battery for 3-5 days. Tell me what I am doing wrong please.

Hi mattlines

thanks for posting up your question, there are a lot of factors that will affect the run time of an Ark Pak some are listed below

external temperature
storage position in sun light or shade, will run longer in shade
humidity
battery type you have chosen- best performance is AGM or GEL battery
is the battery new or old- the older a battery is the capacity it will hold drops over time
also the temp setting you choose on the fridge plays an important role as well- for example if you have it on the coldest temp say level 5 the compressor is going to run all the time this means you will be using much more power from the battery where if you have it on say level 1 setting the compressor will only run for approx 10 to 15 mins every hour this is where you can get the extend run time from your fridge.

if you have any more questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all

just wanted to let everyone know that Ark will be closed during the Easter break we close at 430pm Friday 02/04/2015 Sydney Australia Daylight savings time and will re open on Tuesday 07/04/2015 at 9am Sydney Australia day light savings time.

you are still able to order from the USA website with no problems, its just if you ask a question we wont be in a position to reply until after the 07/04/2015.

If i get mobile phone reception i may log on and check if i get the chance, take care and hope you all have a happy safe Easter with family and friends and that you get spoiled by the Easter bunny.

Regards

Brett From Ark

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Alarm

What could be causing an Alarm message on my Arkpak? I had used it and the battery went down to 11.9 volts . I plugged the charger in and I get an alarm message. The battery voltage is now 12.5 volts.

Any suggestions on how to clear this ?

Thanks

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi Mep1811

there are several alarm messages that can come up please confirm the exact message that is coming up on the screen

for example is it Alarm Open circuit or is it Alarm check battery Alarm over temperature

will await your reply.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi Guys

just wanted you to know that the Ark USA website has some cracking Easter Specials so if you been thinking of pulling the trigger now may be a good time to check the specials out on the USA website

Regards

Brett From Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
It is alarm check battery

Hi Mike

Alarm check battery comes up when your battery you have inside the Ark Pak is not reaching 12.8 volts after 25 hours of charging. some reasons are listed below as to what may be causing it.

it could also mean that you are charging and discharging from the Ark Pak at the same time and this is why the battery is not going over 12.8 volts

it could also mean you have a sulphated battery

it could be a faulty cell inside your battery

it could be your battery is a very old battery and could need updating.

Regards

Brett from Ark

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The battery is less than a year old. I ended up programming the ArkPak as if the battery was a new battery.

The alarm is gone but now I arkpak.jpgarkpak.jpg see 100% charge with only 12.5 volts.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Thought it was working but I have the Check battery alarm again.

Hi Mike

you may have a faulty cell / dropped cell in your 12 volt battery as mentioned this alarm comes up because the battery is not reaching 12.8 volts after being on charge for 25 hours, are you charging it and have another item plugged in taking power from it at the same time ?

you can email me your contact details to brett@arkcorporation.com please tell me the state you are located in and the best time to call you and i will put aside some time and call you to help you get thru this.

look forward to getting your email so i can call you

Regards

Brett from Ark

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
ark pak

I sent you an e-mail with this but thought I'd post this as well.

I am currently located in Florida USA Eastern time zone. The battery I have is a lead acid battery that the Interstate battery dealer tested and confirmed good and charged .

After I connected the battery to the Ark Pak and plugged in the charger the display showed a discharge cycle with 12.4 volts. After an hour the display showed the Alarm check battery message.

The battery is an Interstate SRM-29 rated at 98 amp hours.

When I installed the battery and programmed the Ark Pak I used the 100 amp option. Since the battery is 98 amps could that be the issue causing the alarm ?

Baoser

Observer
I just received my Arkpak today, and so far it's great almost...

Got home put the battery into it, got it started up everything was working. Plugged in the USB light that came with the ArkPak and this happens...

11160316_864554164708_129595836_n.jpg

Not even having it for 30 minutes...I could just glue the end back into the socket but not exactly what I was expecting on a brand new unit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles