Ark Pak - Questions and Queries

nater

Adventurer
Hi to all following this thread

just wanted to let everyone know that we have some really great package deals going on right now that include compact Amorphous Foldable Panels and the Ark Pak so you can save some $$$

the links are listed below if you want to follow it up

http://www.arkportablepower.com/prod...s-solar-bundle

http://www.arkportablepower.com/prod...s-solar-bundle

if any one has any questions please ask

Regards

Brett from Ark

Your links dont work :(

RawC

Hi RawC

excellent question to ask and such a great idea that you want to share the information with others this is what i like most about forums people always doing there best share and help others.

Let me be very clear so there is no confusion, the current model Ark Pak being sold in the USA model number AP620US is not able to support a LiFePo4 battery types, as i mention in the above post this battery type requires a very specific charging curve that is not available in the current Ark Pak model number AP620US.

we do have a new/upgraded Ark Pak that will soon be available to the USA, it's approx date of availability is looking like mid/late August 2015, the model number of the new Ark Pak will most likely be AP730US (this is to be confirmed) the new model does have the ability to take a LiFePo4 battery type, so if you are keen to get a LiFePo4 battery type then you will have to wait until the new model is available.

in terms of suggestion for battery brand that uses LiFePo4 batteries i have only had access to testing a Fusion LiFePo4 battery model number V-LFP-12-100 a link is below i am not sure if this battery brand is available in the USA.

http://www.fusionagmbatteries.com.a...M/tabid/337/mode/details/pid/713/Default.aspx

if you want to have the ability to use a LiFePo4 battery then you will have to wait for the new upgraded Ark Pak if you do not want this feature then you are able to purchase the current AP620US.

if you have any more questions please ask and it is great to see other forum users sharing there experiences and questions with others.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Thank you as always for your response. I now have a good reason to wait for the 300 watt version :) Is it safe to assume this new model referenced will have an upgraded inverter as well? I believe I've read that in earlier posts. This will be available on Amazon as well right?

Good to know about the lithium battery. At the worst case, the guy I'm working with (and everyone else for that matter) will have exposure to this new technology. We're building out an RV style electrical system within my Jeep Wrangler. No question to get the future now requires a premium price. It's all about trade-offs as waiting will eventually bring the price down. As stated earlier, times a wasting.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Your links dont work :(

Hi Natar

thanks for letting me know that the links are not working, i am not sure why this is ?

i can confirm when i click on the link it does say error 404 page not found but just after that it says click here to continue shopping when i did that it took me to the correct page.

i have also copied and paste the links again they are below

http://www.arkportablepower.com/products/30-watts-solar-bundle

http://www.arkportablepower.com/products/60-watts-solar-bundle

hopefully the new links work, any questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Thank you as always for your response. I now have a good reason to wait for the 300 watt version :) Is it safe to assume this new model referenced will have an upgraded inverter as well? I believe I've read that in earlier posts. This will be available on Amazon as well right?

Good to know about the lithium battery. At the worst case, the guy I'm working with (and everyone else for that matter) will have exposure to this new technology. We're building out an RV style electrical system within my Jeep Wrangler. No question to get the future now requires a premium price. It's all about trade-offs as waiting will eventually bring the price down. As stated earlier, times a wasting.

Hi RawC

the current inverter on the AP620US is 150 watts modified sine wave inverter, the new upgraded Ark Pak will have a larger 300 watt modified so it will be able to power more things at the same time as oppsed to the 150 watt inverter.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all following this forum

i have a question please and would love to get as much information as i can especially from the forum users located and living in the USA.

my question is listed below

what battery bRands in the USA offer 12 volt LiFeP04 battery technology to the consumer ?.

in Australia i have had personal experience using the Fusion battery brand in 100 amp hour capacity a link is below for reference.

http://www.fusionagmbatteries.com.a...t/tabid/323/mode/details/pid/713/Default.aspx

The reason i ask this question is i am attempting to understand how many battery brands currently have this technology available in the USA and i would like to test a few out.

you are most welcome to post up links if that is the easy way to show me what you have found.

Thank you in advance for any information you can give to help me out.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK

PRODUCT UPDATE IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We have a confirmed release date window for the two new models being introduced, the release window date is from the 28/08/2015 to 04/09/2015, the reason for this broad window is the shipment could be delayed for various reasons beyond our control.

as soon as i can i will post up some information that tells you the features of each model compared to the current model.

any questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all that will read this thread

Ark will be introducing 2 new Ark Paks into the USA the model numbers will be AP730US and AP715US.

the products are expected to be available for sale approx last week of August 2015 or the 1st week of September 2015 from the Ark Portable power website.

i have attached a photo so you can see the difference between all the models.

if anyone has any questions please ask.

ArkPak 620 715 730 table.jpg

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
HI to all following this thread

just wanted to advise the delivery date window for the new Ark Paks are approx 28/08/2015 to the 04/09/2015

if you have any questions please ask

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ARKPAKS- AP730 AND AP715

i just wanted to advise we have some important product information related to the 2 new models that are coming out soon

the release date window is approx 28/08/2015 to the 04/09/2015 and at this stage its looking more like the the 28/08/2015 it may even be earlier it all depends on how the shipment tracks and hoping there are no delays.

also we have confirmation on pricing of both models it is listed below

AP730US WILL BE AN MSRP OF $ 449.00 USD

AP715US WILL BE AN MSRP OF $ 329.00

if anyone has anymore questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

MMEZA

Texas Explorer
I read that the Arkpak 730 can only be charged up with either 12 volts or 220 volts AC. Is this correct or will I be able to plug it into the wall receptacle at home. Please advise. Thank you.

moabian

According to the Arkpak home page, it will recharge on 110V...but the Arkpak730 pre-order page states charging from "240V Mains power." Pre-ordering is now available. I just pre-ordered the 730 for use with the 80Ah Starkpower LiFePO battery. I assume it can be charged from 110V...at least I certainly hope so. I've emailed Arkpower to confirm that it can be charged from 110V. But I tried to contact them a few days ago about pre-ordering and never got a response.

Last edited:

MMEZA

Texas Explorer
Thanks MOABIAN for the response. I hope that Ark-Pak can clear this up because I am very interested in getting the 730 model. I read up on the LifePO battery and I am impressed. I believe this is the future in batteries, I read that Porsche had some of this type of battery in their high-end cars at $2000.00 for the battery. Price has to come down for me at this time. I hope we get a response from Brett on the charging question.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
I read that the Arkpak 730 can only be charged up with either 12 volts or 220 volts AC. Is this correct or will I be able to plug it into the wall receptacle at home. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi MMEZA

the Ark Pak will plug into mains power outlet in the USA with no problem at all.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
According to the Arkpak home page, it will recharge on 110V...but the Arkpak730 pre-order page states charging from "240V Mains power." Pre-ordering is now available. I just pre-ordered the 730 for use with the 80Ah Starkpower LiFePO battery. I assume it can be charged from 110V...at least I certainly hope so. I've emailed Arkpower to confirm that it can be charged from 110V. But I tried to contact them a few days ago about pre-ordering and never got a response.

Hi Moabian

yes the Ark Pak 730 will work from mains power and use 110v the misprint is an oversight which i will get fixed ASAP and thank you for bringing this to my attn.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz