Small roof cargo rack

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
UPRACKS maybe?

265e253fdc2706b928cf6e68752441d8.jpg

Have yet to fit mine so that is the best picture I have so far

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
There are awesome desgins on ebay for cheap. I am getting one for my avalanche roof rack. very low profile but has the ability to attach gear up there.

Robert L. Scott

Roof Racks / Cargo challenged!?

Hi there. Well, I've got a bit of a challenge. I am moving from Massachusetts out to California. I'm a musician with a studio and a fair amount of gear. I have a Pontiac Torrent, same as Chevy Equinox. I'm quickly finding, I will not have enough space to carry my cases, clothes, two keyboards, a computer, etc.

What are your opinion of roofracks? Are the Thule ones reliable? Will it cut my gas mileage much?

My vehicle has two roof rack bars but does not have cross bars. Would I need them for such a roofrack? Thanks so much for any help.

p nut

butter
Thanks for the suggestions. Those Rhino rack trays look like they're what I need.

Hi there. Well, I've got a bit of a challenge. I am moving from Massachusetts out to California. I'm a musician with a studio and a fair amount of gear. I have a Pontiac Torrent, same as Chevy Equinox. I'm quickly finding, I will not have enough space to carry my cases, clothes, two keyboards, a computer, etc.

What are your opinion of roofracks? Are the Thule ones reliable? Will it cut my gas mileage much?

My vehicle has two roof rack bars but does not have cross bars. Would I need them for such a roofrack? Thanks so much for any help.

MPG will go down, maybe 10-20%, depending on how much you pack up there. But if you rent a trailer, MPG goes down as well. May want to look at hitch cargo racks as well. Won't affect the MPG (much), but not a lot of capacity.

lund_cargo_net_tie_down.jpg

p nut

butter
I see the yakima loadwarriors come up on craigslist often. Not sure if the dimensions are right for you. Also search Subaru roof basket, it was a factory option but it is a yakima basket.

I have been considering a pallet rack shelving. You can usually find them laying around somewhere

http://www.shelving-direct.com/asp/producto.asp?id1=2625

I actually have a Loadwarrior hanging in the garage. It's actually worked out real well for us, but I wanted something with no side rails. That shelving material looks good, too, but may not be very weather resistent?

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
I went with a Smittybilt SRC roof rack for my bronco. Night quite as low profile as you'd like, especially with the cross bars you have already, but its cheap and it works.
attachment.php

You may want to make two alterations though. One is to drill holes through the connecting points of the side bars and the end bars and use bolts instead of the supplies screws. The second is to wrap paracord around the connecting points between the center cross bars and the lower side bars. This is to keep the cross bars from rattling around as you're driving. You can kind of see how I did it in this pic.
attachment.php

I actually have a Loadwarrior hanging in the garage. It's actually worked out real well for us, but I wanted something with no side rails. That shelving material looks good, too, but may not be very weather resistent?

Weather resistant? No problem, just move to the desert!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz