ExPo 70 Series Registry

Clintnz

Observer
Thanks guys!

Nice LJ Clint! How do you like the RT03s as an all around type tire? I'm looking at them for my ute, and have never heard anything bad about them. Do you have any pics of the engine bay with that V8 in it?

I've only had the RT-03's a few weeks but they seem nice. Very good handling on tarmac & gravel. Not too bad in the mud but there are probably better more aggressive MT type tyres you could get if offroad use was a focus. I've got the Simexs for stupid stuff so the Hankooks were chosen as they are a close-ish pattern for an MT.

The 1UZ-FE swapped in pretty easily. We used a modified 1UZ bellhousing with an adapter plate on to the R150 5-spd box. Moved the radiator forward 15mm, gave the firewall a couple of taps to clear the back of one head, custom engine mounts welded on to chassis & job done. It's done around 35 000km with the Lexus V8 now for a total of 220K km on the odo.

i-9KsJqgC-L.jpg

One of the next jobs on the list is to streamline the intake plumbing & get rid of those horrible red hoses!

Cheers
Clint

Last edited:

The Long Paddock

www.thelongpaddock.net
Here's our newly purchased (2011) 4.5L intercooled turbo diesel V8 from Australia.

It's pretty stock now, but I'll post photos here and our site as parts are added.

The Long Paddock

IMG_4607.JPG

Last edited:

andrewh

/dev/4wd
1990 1hz Troopy

After more than a year of looking and waiting, it arrived in my driveway yesterday.

147Kish kms

IMG_20151103_101910.jpg

IMG_20151103_102559.jpg

Mods so far are:
Old man emu HD suspension
K9 Rack
ARB front bullbar

Need to mount my RTT and my solar panels and fridge.... then looking to put some miles underneath her along the east coast and back to utah.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
After more than a year of looking and waiting, it arrived in my driveway yesterday.

147Kish kms
Mods so far are:
K9 Rack
ARB front bullbar

Need to mount my RTT and my solar panels and fridge.... then looking to put some miles underneath her along the east coast and back to utah.

Congrats, that is a great troopy! We helped Land Cruisers Direct with many of the parts for the build. Solid truck!

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Congrats, that is a great troopy! We helped Land Cruisers Direct with many of the parts for the build. Solid truck!
Kurt,

Steve let me know how pivotal you were in getting some of the service parts, arb, Suspension and locker. I am in debt to you and I am sure I will be a repeat customer. In fact, Im gathering a list of parts that I will be emailing you to see what magic you have up your sleeve. Hope to stop by soon on my travels west.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Kurt,

Steve let me know how pivotal you were in getting some of the service parts, arb, Suspension and locker. I am in debt to you and I am sure I will be a repeat customer. In fact, Im gathering a list of parts that I will be emailing you to see what magic you have up your sleeve. Hope to stop by soon on my travels west.

That would be great Andrew!

onemanarmy

Explorer

147Kish kms

IMG_20151103_101910.jpg

IMG_20151103_102559.jpg

Mods so far are:
K9 Rack
ARB front bullbar

Nice. didn't know you were in Clayton.

Hope to see it around. I come through the area pretty frequently.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
1. Year, model, color, etc: 1986 BJ73
2. Name of owner/screen name: Chuck
3. How long have you owned your 70 series? Is this your first? 1-week, first 70.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 338,000km
5. Your favorite mods... If any: Car seats!
6. How your 70 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: Family adventure, DD.
Here is a pic:
image-jpeg.1239594

Last edited:

oldcarsmaniac

LJ78

Name: "Oldcarsmaniac"
Year/Model: Toyota Land cruiser LJ78 SX
Country of import: Japan
Kms/Miles: 200002 Kms
Options/Specs: AC, auto transmission, 8 seats, electric everything, alloys, etc.
Mods: stock (just a towbar and a pair of fog headlamps added)
Plans: suspension lift, a winch, steels split rims, 285/75/16 MT or Simex, a fridge, roof tent, camping gear and a full service.
Pic:

345na01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior