ExPo 70 Series Registry

damienperu

Observer
Here's a few pics of the broken granny hat.
yeah that doesn't look OEM at all!

seeing as though we're getting well off topic, i had better post some photos of my Peruvian 78 to get back to the registry!

23%20Dune%20flag.jpg

19.jpg

14Tinted.jpg

KMM4x4

Observer
Hi, everybody! Somebody can lay out a HZJ76 model photoshoot? I am interested a photo of the engine, salon, a running gear and other units.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Hi, everybody! Somebody can lay out a HZJ76 model photoshoot? I am interested a photo of the engine, salon, a running gear and other units.

What is your time frame and does it have to be a 76 as opposed to a HZJ78 (which is identical front chassis)? I have access to a local one on occasion.

KMM4x4

Observer
What is your time frame and does it have to be a 76 as opposed to a HZJ78 (which is identical front chassis)? I have access to a local one on occasion.
In principle to me also HZJ78 will fit. And you can make a photo when it is convenient to you. Interest me specifically a photo of the engine, a running gear, transmission mechanisms, design and an interior.

damienperu

Observer
In principle to me also HZJ78 will fit. And you can make a photo when it is convenient to you. Interest me specifically a photo of the engine, a running gear, transmission mechanisms, design and an interior.

What are you actually after? The HZJ76 was only released 2008 with the new nose design, and only in markets where the VDJ76 wasn't initially offered. The HZJ77 is the wagon with the old nose design. The HZJ78 comes in both old and new nose designs, and thus have completely different engine bays in terms of space, and different interior designs.

KMM4x4

Observer
What are you actually after? The HZJ76 was only released 2008 with the new nose design, and only in markets where the VDJ76 wasn't initially offered. The HZJ77 is the wagon with the old nose design. The HZJ78 comes in both old and new nose designs, and thus have completely different engine bays in terms of space, and different interior designs.

I mean Land Cruiser 70 the updated versions. And HZJ76 and VDJ76 if I is right differ only in engines? VDJ76 the car for the Australian market with the engine 4,5 liters?

damienperu

Observer
I mean Land Cruiser 70 the updated versions. And HZJ76 and VDJ76 if I is right differ only in engines? VDJ76 the car for the Australian market with the engine 4,5 liters?

I'm not actually sure about the HZJ76 as I haven't seen one in the flesh, but I can confirm the new nose HZJ78 and HZJ79 still have the R151F gearbox and transfer (which the VD motor would tear to shreds)

KMM4x4

Observer
I'm not actually sure about the HZJ76 as I haven't seen one in the flesh, but I can confirm the new nose HZJ78 and HZJ79 still have the R151F gearbox and transfer (which the VD motor would tear to shreds)
I got it. By the way, I looked at your car according to the link in your signature.
The excellent car at you!

KitsuneImports

Import Manager EU/JAP
I have several, but this one I call my own:

1987 Toyota LandCruiser BJ74 Prototype
Country of import: Japan-Canada-US
Kms/Miles: 124K Kms, 3,200 miles on rebuild 13BT
Options/Specs: All Factory
Mods: No current mods
Plans: Ground up restore, powder coated interior parts, remove carpeting, OME Sport Suspension - Planning to keep this as close to original as possible, but I can't stand carpet in offroad vehicles, its a moisture/mildew/rust trap.
1987LC_BJ74P.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I have several, but this one I call my own:

1987 Toyota LandCruiser BJ74 Prototype
Country of import: Japan-Canada-US
Kms/Miles: 124K Kms, 3,200 miles on rebuild 13BT
Options/Specs: All Factory
Mods: No current mods
Plans: Ground up restore, powder coated interior parts, remove carpeting, OME Sport Suspension - Planning to keep this as close to original as possible, but I can't stand carpet in offroad vehicles, its a moisture/mildew/rust trap.
View attachment 303705

Right on, love that truck. Land Cruisers Direct just sold one to the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum, certainly part of the Land Cruiser 7x storyline and I'm glad to see on between the 2-dr BJ74 and a 77 Series platforms.

Welcome to ExPo btw.

Jaime Angulo

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1988, FJ70, Blue
2. Name of owner/screen name: Jaime Angulo
3. How long have you owned your 70 series? Is this your first? I have own this land cruiser since 2012.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 295.000 mileage
5. Your favorite mods... If any: I love all land cruiser
6. How your 70 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: Family adventure, overland, 4wd, outdoor activities.
7. 'Final thoughts, good or bad, pros or cons, about owning and driving a 70 series. This car is a good one, it is powerfull, resistant, hard one, it is a nice car

Here you are some of my favorities pics:
DSCN2266.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg

DSCN1595.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1297.jpg
    DSCN1297.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 48

Clintnz

Observer
Clintnz's UZJ71

Hi All, here's an intro for my rig.

It started out as a std 1990 LJ71 Prado, I bought it in 2006.

P2140005-M.jpg

It didn't take too long to get it set up with some 33" mud tyres, a PTO winch & a 4.0L Lexus V8 engine swap:

P1020004-M.jpg

Then it got used & enjoyed for a few years. I did manage to grenade a few diffs though so the idea of upgrading the axles & suspension was always on my mind & 2 years ago I launched into a big project to swap in a Nissan GQ front axle & an 80 series Landcruiser rear axle along with some other mods. Just last week it passed it's modification certification check & is now road legal & rolling again.

i-XJRQ6HW-L.jpg

i-4m5FRD4-L.jpg

The 36" Simex's are for the real gnarly trips, more cruisy adventuring is done on some 35" Hankook RT-03's.

i-ZhhrSvj-L.jpg

In the back I made a basic storage setup using some high density fibreboard & plastic bins:

i-8wsmmRc-L.jpg

Up front there's a AM/UHF transceiver, basic stereo & a cheap tablet running a couple of mapping apps for nav.

i-r5wq8w3-L.jpg

Tablet mount is a bit rough & will be rebuilt soon. With all the big mechanical stuff now out of the way I'd like to add a few more refinements to make it a nicer touring & camping vehicle so checking out all the cool ideas here on Expo is a current pastime.

If anybody wants more detail all the gory details are in my build thread over on the Offroad Express NZ 4x4 forum: http://www.offroadexpress.kiwi/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2123

Cheers
Clint

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Nice LJ Clint! How do you like the RT03s as an all around type tire? I'm looking at them for my ute, and have never heard anything bad about them. Do you have any pics of the engine bay with that V8 in it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles