Mounting relays/fuses in a super duty

jdinevens

Adventurer
So I'm getting to the point in my build where i'm going to start wiring stuff. For all of you 7.3 guys, where are you mounting your relays and fuses? I'm looking around the engine compartment and not seeing much room. Same thing with my aux battery solenoid, though that might go on the passenger side frame rail. I'm asking here rather than the 12v section because It doesnt seem many of the fullsize visit there...

Athabasca

Observer
I put it all under the rear seat which I lifted 2". The aux battery is attached to the frame rail right behind the cab.
My under seat location holds all my electronics (stereo amps , inverter, fuses, remote battery switch) on a piece of MDF board.
Its a tight fit but what else is new on a SD?

Other than that location I would suggest the inner front fenders or under the front seats. The engine has almost no room for anything.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Just out of curiosity, what are you mounting that requires relays?

In my 6.0, I mounted a small waterproof fuse block to the inside of the passenger side fender, directly behind the battery. Didn't have any need for relays, because everything I wired in was well under 20A

I think I used this, but it was like 4 years ago and I dont have the truck anymore.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/7725/SafetyHub_100_Fuse_Block

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online