Need Gen3 OME Lift Measurements

kbahus

Adventurer
Would someone with a Gen3 and OME medium springs be able to measure the distance between the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the wheel well / fender flare for the front and the rear? Wondering if I can get away with just popping in some rear springs to correct my sagged out stockers and camber issues until I can afford the full monty.

Wouldn't mind seeing the specs for the HD springs too.

Thanks!

montypower

Adventure Time!
Are you trying to avoid doing a wheel alignment? Either way you'll need an alignment (keeping old springs or replacing). You can also install some FJ80 front coil spring spacers for another cheap lift option.

kbahus

Adventurer
Actually the alignment is what I am trying to fix. I had one done right after getting the Duratracs installed as I didn't want to tear them up. Sadly the rear camber would not come into spec as I speculate the springs have sagged out.

Last edited:

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
Spring specs from this... http://www.arbusa.com/Uploads/PDF/onlineManualsGuides/OME_Guide_current.pdf
Front 2914 (std), 2915 (hd), 2924 (diesel hd)- spring rate is 650 for both, up from 580 (one is just 5/8"taller). The HD diesel spring is thicker, 790.
Rear 2917 (std), 2918 (hd), 2995 (ex hd)- these are progressive rate, the two regular ones are two rates (both higher than stock), and the super heavy is the same rate as the heavy, but taller.
Clear as mud, right?

kbahus

Adventurer
Thanks for that info, I tried to download the file but my phone is not letting me for some reason. I found the dimensions for a stock Gen3, 503mm front and 522mm rear from center hub to fender. Turns out my rear is sagged out over 3/4" with no load which explains a lot. The front has only slightly dropped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz