A New Mexican Thanksgiving

NYCOH

Observer
Great report! Sorry to hear you had to backtrack numerous times. I should have shared more tracks with you.

not a big deal...just frustrating on google's side...

i remember looking at your track going into Luna Park and remembered after that you took a different route into the area...i think you cut north/south along the bottom of the hill which would have missed the private land...

we hit a gate here, 33.566036,-107.241407

and here, 33.592391,-107.235849

so we continued down rt 1 a bit more til here, 33.51256,-107.220953 which was a forest road that brought us up to the trails we needed...

heading toward chaco we had another shortcut off rt 9 that turned out to be private land, but rt 57 wasn't far down the road and we just took that into the canyon...

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Wow great pics and write up.
Looks like an amazing time...
Any chance you have gps tracks for your trip as I have been looking to spend more time in New Mex since Az is right next door.

Thanks for posting and taking us along.

NYCOH

Observer
thanks everyone...truly a pleasure taking trips like this...already looking forward to the next adventure...

i keep track of previous trips on my build page, here

Wow great pics and write up.
Looks like an amazing time...
Any chance you have gps tracks for your trip as I have been looking to spend more time in New Mex since Az is right next door.

Thanks for posting and taking us along.

i started to work on piecing together something for you...Garmin BaseCamp was not cooperating and before i threw my computer i had to put that project on hold...

Last edited:

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Excellent report! Thanks for sharing. Love the truck too!

Don't be a stranger next time you pass through Pueblo on I-25

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz