'ol Bantam build with RTT

seannyg

hey all,

this is an old Bantam trailer i picked up last year near Houston.
it's been a collaboration with my buddy who has the mad fab skills.

Step 1:
we stripped it down, dealt with the rust issues, replaced old axle mainly so I could put tires on that matched my truck.

Step 2:
fabbing the fenders, extended the tongue, switched out the tailgate, adding the lid, etc.

Step 3:
tent mount. reinforced the lid and opted to put the tent on the lid. mounted at a height so it's below the height of my trailer for towing but is easily lifted to a height of about 6 feet 2 inches tall so I don't hit my noggin on the tent.

Step 4:
kitchen setup is still TBD. then will take it rhino lined. still some tweaks to make.

Step 5:
TBD. still deciding on more of the exotic features like electronics and lighting. no work has been done on that yet.

any suggestions, questions, feedback on the design and setup would be great.
thanks.

original.jpgIMG_2414.jpgIMG_1706.JPGtrailer full.jpgtrailer hinge.jpggas can.jpgphoto 3.JPGphoto (7).jpgtrailer kitchen 1.jpg

seannyg

added some better pics of what the kitchen set up will be like.
i wanted a modular set up so created angle iron brackets that can be set up and pack/unpack easily.
so i grabbed a couple of cutting boards that matched my Primus stove and used the fender as bracing and have the stove set up to rise/lower depending on who's cooking. a few other kitchen modifications to come.

kitchen 1.jpg
kitchen 2.jpg
kitchen 3.jpg

Azazruk

The kitchen setup looks quite smart, when you have the time please post a bit more on the adjustable height mount for the tent. Thank you and happy building

HAFICON

Adventurer
Same here I would love to see some details on the adjustable tent mount. Also would you know what angles the side panels of the trailer are? For the cargo bed where it bends out then back up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior