Need Help Identifying These Tacoma Leaf Springs

Wasatch

Observer
Hi all,

Need your help identifying these leafs.

PO states they came on his 06 Tacoma and were added for additional weight of a camper.

Am I looking at a set of 63'' Chevy Leaf Springs?

No markings are present on them.

Thank you for your help.

leaf1.JPG

leaf2.JPG

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I highly doubt they are Chevy 63's as they have the brake line hole on the spring clamp, made specifically for the park brake cables on 2nd Gen Tacoma's. Is there a part number on the side of the press-in bushing at each end? Guessing it's an OE bush, perhaps 90385-A0003 (been a long night so don't quote me on that part number)

surlydiesel

Adventurer
Don't hold me to it but they look like stock 3 leaf springs with the "TSB" spring clip in case one of the springs breaks, it doesn't pierce the gas tank. So, very light duty and most people either add a leaf to that pack or replace them entirely. Toyota offers a TSB 4 Leaf pack that replaces the 3 leaf as well.

Just what I think I see...

-jorge

Adventurous

Explorer
Don't hold me to it but they look like stock 3 leaf springs with the "TSB" spring clip in case one of the springs breaks, it doesn't pierce the gas tank. So, very light duty and most people either add a leaf to that pack or replace them entirely. Toyota offers a TSB 4 Leaf pack that replaces the 3 leaf as well.

Just what I think I see...

-jorge

Agreed. They look very similar to the ones I pulled out of my 07 that were pre-TSB.

Stone_Blue

Adventurer
Huh....I know the early 1st Gen Tacos (95.5-97) had 3 leaf packs just like that...In 98 they switched to a standard 4 leaf, IIRC...I had them on my '99, and even THOSE were way too soft...My packs were practically flat across the overload, with the truck completely empty and no shell or anything on the bed...AND it was just a 4cyl/5spd regular cab....I cant beleive Toyota went back to a 2 leaf/overload pack...

But yeah, those look just like the early 1st Gen Taco packs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior