OK4WD Daily Driver / Overland Rubicon

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Any plans for upgrading your Photobucket account? I wanted to check you build out but none of the photos are loading

Yeah i will have to do something, what a drag! I've used Photo Bucket for years now.

Rino
Your pictures are not showing up.

I'm going to switch to IMGUR, but not sure about restoring past stuff timewise. :(

Hi Rino

Were you in Massachusetts yesterday? A rig driving in the other direction looked very similar to yours.

Nope but i do head that way, i have a brother now located in Boston.

Because of Photobuckets new terms of agreement, Any bucket member reaches their limit for "free" image storage, Their service is shut down. The only way to reactivate this 3rd party image hosting is by locating a new image host which doesn't charge $399.00 to activate. Which is odd to see that a "vendor" uses free image storage..

I never thought using Photo Bucket and it being free was weird. What are most people on here using for this service?

What's so odd about someone using free image storage?

Thanks! Didn't think I was being that cheap. haha

I would suggest IMGUR from here on out for anyone wondering where to go.

Just signed up today :)

ADVSubaru

Observer
Hotlinking sucks up bandwidth so I am sure Photobucket was hurting considering their age and install base.

Still, it would've been nice if there were three plans available. Personal, which is free and would've stop hotlinking but gave users enough notice to save up money to upgrade. Perhaps even give them 30 days before the images would stop working. Pro which would be paid, but perhaps around $100 a year and would allow you to hotlink and allot you a certain amount of bandwidth per month. Lastly, an elite account which would give you unlimited bandwidth.

Without getting into the ethics of what Photobucket did and their cheap attempt at ransomware, I'm glad to see the backlash against what the did. So many great car communities out there with a wealth of knowledge being held ransom for $400 :(.

I always recommend imgur, but that's because its ingrained in my reddit dna.

A couple of ways one can view this without going to far off topic.. you either pay photobuckets ransom or pay for the account on the hosting forums which most forums allow and expand storage space with this upgrade. However and seeing how I've never actually paid for any sort of storage myself I don't have a clue as to how much image storage one gets if they upgrade their accounts. So I've not seen if Expo actually uses a paid for account, but this might be an option to consider for those wanting to keep and store their images here without going off site.

rubicon91

Explorer
@rino the only reason I sound sarcastic about those who are sponsoring vendors is one would feel they have enough talents to storage their images on one of their own servers.[/url]

WOW is all I have to say to this comment!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier