OK4WD Daily Driver / Overland Rubicon

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Unfortunately my 2014 Rubicon has come and gone, but on a plus side a chance to start a build thread this time around.

The plan for the build will be a daily driver that will be outfitted for my hobbies as well work events. That being said, the Jeep must perform equally getting me to work everyday as it does in Moab.

The vehicle:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Automatic
Black Leather
3.73 Gears
Painted Hard Top

Planned Modifications:

AEV Front Bumper
AEV Winch Mount
AEV Skid Plate
Warn Zeon 10s

AEV Rear Bumper
AEV Tire Carrier
AEV Fuel Caddy
AEV Hi-lift Mount
AEV Rear Vision System

AEV 3.5" SC System
AEV 4.5" Bump Stops
AEV Salta Wheels
BFGoodrich 37" KM2 Tires
Metal Cloak HD Tie-Rod & Drag Link
Dynatrac ProRock44 Front Axle
Reid HD Knuckles
Spicer 4.88 Gears
RockHard Aluminum Skid Plates

AEV Heat Reduction Hood
AEV Snorkel System
RhinoRack Backbone Roof Rack
James Baroud EVO RTT
RhinoRack Sunseeker Awning

Spod Source System
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Fog Lights
Baja Designs SII Reverse Lights
Baja Designs ONX6 20" Light Bar

Overall a balanced mild build while trying to retain close to OEM reliability. Thanks for reading!

2502279B-6E5F-4A43-8BA7-8FF127E75D59_zpsgfvyvmz9.jpg

A2B4E277-F5DE-402E-B65A-2B9280617CE5_zpszukvfhl2.jpg

FastGlass

Adventurer
Rino, I like your style! Got me a Tank JKUR too recently. Please tell Craig to keep us up to date on the new Baroud Explorer/Evasion RTTs...when they start shipping, I'm buying.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
I notice you have an sPOD planned for your build. I was just about to pull the trigger on one, when I heard about switch-pros. They just won a best new product award at SEMA. I decided to hold off on the sPOD and see how this new thing looks when it hits the market. I'm digging the more compact design, 100 amp capacity, the built-in bluetooth and the fact that its all solid state.

rino

I notice you have an sPOD planned for your build. I was just about to pull the trigger on one, when I heard about switch-pros. They just won a best new product award at SEMA. I decided to hold off on the sPOD and see how this new thing looks when it hits the market. I'm digging the more compact design, 100 amp capacity, the built-in bluetooth and the fact that its all solid state.

I was able to check out the switch-pros unit at the SEMA show. Really cool product and very compact. However what I prefer about the sPod units is the factory like appearance when installed. From the bolt in over head switch panel to the source unit mounted neatly in the engine bay.

I had thought about possible ways to install the switch-pros unit and keep a nice clean look and a modified Rugged Ridge pillar pod was the only thing that came to my mind. This could require a decent amount of customization, but might work out well.

Anyway, at this point in time I prefer the sPod unit in form, function and reliability. I can also testify if you have any issues, the customer service from John and Cindy at sPod is unmatched.

rino

Rino, I like your style! Got me a Tank JKUR too recently. Please tell Craig to keep us up to date on the new Baroud Explorer/Evasion RTTs...when they start shipping, I'm buying.

You too have great taste sir! :) haha. Feel free to email me for the tent updates, as they are still not publicly announced at this time.

rino

Thanks! Absolutely and we have a lot to discuss for this fast coming year. How is your JK treating you by the way?

rino

The few mods I have installed in the past few weeks.

Outback Adventure Products Trailgater fitted with a custom walnut cutting board.

7A2C9241-4FF4-46C7-B6C4-C32116FCD99A_zpskzttikbs.jpg

And a camping must that I scored from Dogfish Head.

4DAA9620-A4AA-4303-9E4C-ECCBB3FBBBAD_zps6c28qdaf.jpg

303A0968-8544-4444-8EC0-CA929B1DB52A_zpsmhhluevw.jpg

rino

I also installed a pair of J.W. Speaker 8700 Evo 2 LED Headlights, along with a T-REX S.S. grill mesh kit.

Here are some before and after shots.
C55A654C-5BEA-4A39-B6D6-44068F968CFB_zpsazykpkdi.jpg

A0B3141A-1FEA-43BE-8F2D-3FA6636ADDE6_zpsj5pnlwjc.jpg

F3149216-67F3-47B4-9EC0-1596EF9540E7_zpsnbkacgea.jpg

4D24BD22-0AF1-46AF-A47E-F9C06881D5A2_zpsgauvbr1l.jpg

BCDFC7F2-80AC-4E16-8F2C-215647E6CEA9_zpsmfe1drsz.jpg

C60C3414-BA14-455D-BDC9-D130B171C340_zpsfzikyjdi.jpg

njjeepthing

Explorer
Thanks! Absolutely and we have a lot to discuss for this fast coming year. How is your JK treating you by the way?

Pretty good, needs a few things before my Moab trip in the spring! I'll be up after the holiday to see you guys!

Love the T Rex grill, I've been looking for something similar, that meets my needs!

rino

Pretty good, needs a few things before my Moab trip in the spring! I'll be up after the holiday to see you guys!

Love the T Rex grill, I've been looking for something similar, that meets my needs!

Yeah I have been impressed with the quality and the stainless steel construction was the selling point for me. Also the installation is nice and simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz