Custom built, Fiberglass Slide-In..700#..out of Nida Core- $2500

Truefire

Truefire

Its a custom made, fiberglass, slide-in truck camper that I built out of of Nida-Core composite panels. This unit probably weighs somewhere in the 700 pound range, considering sum of panel weights and resin/cloth used to build. 1/2 ton pickup carries just fine. I have air-ride air bags installed on my rear wheels of my 1/2 ton pickup and have no sway or any other issues when hauling.

Possesses:
  • 30 amp-120 volt power inlet
  • 30 amp cable supplied (yellow colored outer sheathing) approximately 30-35' long, in great condition
  • 15amp-120 volt power inlet
  • Water tank fill door on exterior
  • onboard shower that runs off 120 volt shore power
  • onboard deep cycle marine battery that serves 12 volt convenience outlet and lights
  • pigtail to tie onboard battery to truck battery for charging onboard while in transit
  • backup light on rear that can be activated from cab

Camper shower (never used). I never have installed a water tank simply because I have not necessarily needed one.

I built this unit to get me through school at North Carolina State University and have used their shower facilities on campus. As seen in some of the pictures, there is some unfinished sections of the camper interior. I ran out of time during the build and just have never gotten around to that. Just needing some wooden accessory doors installed and a small section of wall paneling. No biggie, I just elected to allow the new owner to adorn it the way he/she so desires.

Will certainly answer questions. Asking 3k for it. It really is a sturdy build. I'm just out of school and will not be using the camper anytime soon.

Thanks, chris

Last edited:

huachuca

Adventurer
Chris, I don't have a full sized truck so can't use the camper but gotta give you props for your choice of schools and domestic ingenuity. During part of my time at State, I lived in a funeral home down by the Capitol (drove the hearse and ambulance; this was before the invention of rescue squads and EMT's). With a free room, the GI Bill and beer money from driving the train and running the merry-go-round at Pullen Park, life was good!!!:wings:

Al

Truefire

Truefire
Chris, I don't have a full sized truck so can't use the camper but gotta give you props for your choice of schools and domestic ingenuity. During part of my time at State, I lived in a funeral home down by the Capitol (drove the hearse and ambulance; this was before the invention of rescue squads and EMT's). With a free room, the GI Bill and beer money from driving the train and running the merry-go-round at Pullen Park, life was good!!!:wings:

Al

Well daggone Al...and I thought my lodging and living style was unique...lol :Wow1:

bphang10

Observer
here's a link to the build thread:

http://customtruckcamper.blogspot.com/

chris and i have been in touch during our respective builds, bouncing ideas and working through issues together. he's been in his for a couple years and it's been solid and trouble free. no problems, 100% waterproof and lightweight....it's been on his 1/2 ton chevy full time. a deal for the right person. you're getting a ready to go solid camper for the cost of the nida-core. or, a heavy duty base to customize yourself. check it out.

Truefire

Truefire
Just thought about it: the door cutout is approximately 21" wide but could be enlarged without much of a fight to accommodate some of the wider manufactured RV type doors on the market. I did locate several 21" doors, while searching during the build, if someone were to choose to simply utilize original cutout for door replacement. I was on a severe time crunch thus the reason I never went with a manufactured door of the sorts.

The reinforcement is all in place. But heck, if you're on expedition portal chances are you're good with your hands anyway...modify this baby anyway you like. :ylsmoke:

Truefire

Truefire
Adjusting the price to $2500...simply because I need to move the camper on, due to relocating. Can potentially meet individual at their property if within a reasonable driving distance of eastern NC for the transfer or off load. Thank you! ~chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke