Oeconomia - 2014 4Runner Trail Edition Premium Build

Oeconomia

On 8/29/2014 of this year, I purchased a new 2014 Trail Edition Premium, Black, with NAV and KDSS.

Prior to owning this TEP, I had a 2011 FJ Cruiser that I always wanted to do an expedition build on. Over time, I started to not like some things about the FJ, mainly the small interior, reduced visibility, and after a while, even the looks. I had bought a few mods for the FJ already, but it never felt right. I bought new wheels, suspension, and some electrical mods. All of them ended up on forums like this, sold for the lost shipping and a discount for my stupidity. Someone always got a good deal. And it wasn't me.

Something always bothered me about it, and I decided this fall to shop for a replacement.

I spent some time looking through my previous plans, and even started looking into Jeeps. Then I started test driving trucks, and realized quickly that the Toyota was a superior product, and I knew if I went Jeep, I would be annoyed by the quality.

Then I drive the 4runner. Holy ****! I was in love. I had the bug again. I wanted to do a build that would allow me the chance to hit the road, leave the road, and get lost and do some camping again.

So far, I have done a little purchasing, and started to compile a list of upgrades. I live in North Dakota, so there is a lot of time to think in this God forsaken cold.

My plan is to start installing over the next couple weekends before the new year.

Will Keep the project sorted out by completed, not completed, and planned.

COMPLETED

PURCHASED - NOT INSTALLED YET

SUSPENSION WHEELS AND TIRES

EXTERIOR

INTERIOR

PLANNED

This forum has inspired me, and I love reading the posts here.

Till my next update!

Last edited:

EMrider

Explorer
I'm contemplating the purchase of a 4runner TE and would do a similar sort of build.

I'm especially curious about ride height since I need to park in an underground garage.

Good luck with the build.

R

Volfan

Just used Fluid Film for the first time on my TRD Pro 4Runner today. I knew it would need to be reapplied, but why does it have to be removed? Just grime/dirt build up? I've never used it before and just sprayed two cans all along the frame, shot some inside the frame and then hit anything else in sight with the remaining amount. Sorry to hijack the thread!

Oeconomia

To reapply, you will need to clean the old film and dirt. Warm water will clean it mostly away before you reapply.

uscg2008

Explorer
^^^^this and a soft or medium firm bristle brush then re apply. Some dust and dirt will accumulate in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior