Offroad Expo for Land Rovers - Mission Viejo, CA

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Offroad Open House for Land Rovers - Mission Viejo, CA

For Land Rover fans, there is a Land Rover specific Off Road Expo happening Saturday, April 12th, at Land Rover Mission Viejo (10-3pm).

This is a no cost deal, and food and drinks are provided. It's all about getting new and prospective owners the chance to meet seasoned off roaders to increase the outdoor participation level of Land Rover owners, and build unity amoung Land Rover fans.

Pretty nice grouping of vendors and vehicles: Adventure Trailer, Safari Gard, Overland Journal, Land Rover Lifestyle, Fuse (vitamin drink), Monster Energy Drink, West Coast Rovers, Inland Rovers, OC Rovers, The Rover Group, British Performance, Viking Offroad (Winchline), Off Roving, and Sirius Satellite Radio are all going to be onsite with booths and show vehicles.

Also about a dozen members of the LRCSD and SCLR clubs have been invited to showcase their special and/or unique vehicles. We have lined up guest speakers from the BLM, US Forest Service, and Land Rover University.

All this being put together by a couple of guys at the dealership who actually wheel their rigs. They are doing this on their own time. How often does a dealership welcome independent repairs shops onto their turf? I think this is really cool. This event is all about building bridges within what is ultimately, a very small community.

Come check out the fun. It's free, and food and drinks are on the house, and there will be plenty of amazing tricked out and bashed up Land Rovers to drool over.

Last edited:

KingSlug

Observer
Nathan,

Where are they parking the visitors? At the old LRMV site? If you need a series trucks still I have a 1966 S2a MOD Ambulance and I live in RSM (pretty much right down the street from LRMV).

Jared

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Looks like a fun event, I'll drop by and check it out:safari-rig:

Nice to see a LR Dealership take notice of the off-road community. Hope they sell a bunch of Rangies capitalizing on their roots (hint-hint). :)

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Andrew Walcker said:
Looks like a fun event, I'll drop by and check it out:safari-rig:

Nice to see a LR Dealership take notice of the off-road community. Hope they sell a bunch of Rangies capitalizing on their roots (hint-hint). :)

That would be great if you and your D90 can come Andrew, because Alex was counting on your truck for the Adventure Trailer display!

As for the dealer and sales, that is NOT the intent of this event! In fact, we are clearing out the lot (at least the southern portion of it) for all the private owner and vendor show vehicles. This event is about community building, and, showing the new and existing customers on the LRMV mailing list what can be done to the vehicles and how they can be more fully used and enjoyed.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
KingSlug said:
Nathan,

Where are they parking the visitors? At the old LRMV site? If you need a series trucks still I have a 1966 S2a MOD Ambulance and I live in RSM (pretty much right down the street from LRMV).

Jared

Yes, show patrons will be parking at the old location across the street. I'll be working on a keymap/exhibit later this weekend for the website(s).

Jared, by any chance, are you an LRCSD member? If so, please check in with Olaf because he also needs 6 private owner vehicles for the show from the San Diego club. I am looking for SCLR club members right now, but I'd love to see your truck! Any chance you'd be willing to join the club? It's less than a tank of gas per year in membership fees :)

Please send me your contact info by PM. If for whatever reason I can't get six from my club, I'd really like to see that S2A there.

Regards,

NW

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
This is truly cool, and I hope it's something Land Rover NA picks up on. Not everyone has to use their Land Rover off paved roads, but it's nice to show new owners what their vehicle is capable of. Jeep has been doing it for years, with Camp Jeep and the Jamborees (fairly loose association). It's a great way to build community and to bridge the gap between the hardcore owners and the casual ones. You guys should be commended for you efforts, and I hope it goes well.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
nwoods said:
That would be great if you and your D90 can come Andrew, because Alex was counting on your truck for the Adventure Trailer display!

I'll be there bright and early w/ the AT in tow along with Sinuhe who will be "camping" next to me with a bunch of OJ swag.

Nathan, from my understanding you have played a large roll in the orchestration of this event and, like Mike mentioned earlier in the thread, you should be commended. Here's to hoping this will turn into an annual event and something that other dealers will want to replicate. :beer:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
TACODOC said:
OK, but I'm still waiting on Fedex to deliver my cloaking device :p

needa1.jpg

No ship that small has a cloaking device.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Andrew Walcker said:
Nathan, from my understanding you have played a large roll in the orchestration of this event... Here's to hoping this will turn into an annual event and something that other dealers will want to replicate.

Not too much really. The three amigo's at the dealership that go wheeling and are a part of SCLR just asked us if we thought it was a good idea, and I said "Heck Yeah!" They are the one's putting in the time and effort, making the contacts, lining up the vendors, etc... and they convinced the dealership to pony up a bit of money for the food and of course, sacrificing the sales lot on a valuable Saturday. I'm hugely impressed by what Rich, Ed, and Darrin have been able to accomplish. These guys have heart and deserve all the credit for the success I think this event will be.

We've already been kicking around ideas for next year. The physical constraints of this partiular location are a bit limiting, so next year perhaps the Tustin airbase, or ElTorro/Great Park area, or maybe PAG's HQ. The wheels are turning..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier