NPR truck camper build

brant

Just started a NPR build with a truck camper. Thought I'd post some photos. I'll post more as I go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 56

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Good luck with your build.
Lots of good information to be found in this forum, should you need any inspiration.

brant

Framing front storage/garage

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 46

dlh62c

Explorer
Looks good!

Keep in mind, when driving down the road in the rain, the build is subjected to a mini hurricane. Water will be driven into places you can't believe. Make sure you use good materials and seal well.

brant

Thank you for your comments. The space up front will fit a small trail bike like a tw200 or a small ATV like a Honda recon. ( with their mirrors removed). I also plan on putting a panda washing machine and dryer in there, up against the camper side wall. I could use some opinions on what colors to paint the cab and camper.
Thanks, Brant

Jfet

Adventurer
Nice start. We also went with an Isuzu flatbed truck, an NRR.

Do you plan on making things easily removable so you can use the flatbed for general hauling jobs?

brant

Thank you. Yes at first the thought was to make it modular so the camper could come off/on. The camper is mounted just enough forward so the cab can tilt forward for repairs. So I honestly don't know when or ever I will take the camper off unless I was upgrading to a different truck or camper. I wanted an nrr but couldn't afford it.
Thanks brant

Jfet

Adventurer
Thank you. Yes at first the thought was to make it modular so the camper could come off/on. The camper is mounted just enough forward so the cab can tilt forward for repairs. So I honestly don't know when or ever I will take the camper off unless I was upgrading to a different truck or camper. I wanted an nrr but couldn't afford it.
Thanks brant

I might make you a deal on ours :) We built kind of heavy and may not have a desirable cargo capacity when fully loaded. I have an eagle eye out for a 20 foot flatbed Isuzu FTR (or GMC T7500) which is the next step up from the N series.

But back to your build. I think your garage idea makes a lot of sense. It is a good area for a small dual sport if there is enough height.

dlh62c

Explorer
I could use some opinions on what colors to paint the cab and camper.

I'd go white on the cab.

From your photos the camper looks in good shape. Why not leave it the color it is?

For the storage box I'd paint it a color close to the camper body. Then extend the accent strips from the camper siding onto the storage box using paint that matches them as close as possible. I think that would help tie the two together visually.

Last edited:

dlh62c

Explorer
If you haven't yet, measure the height of your build and store it in your memory. You'll see overrpasses in a new light. You'll start noticing chunks of concrete missing and bent girders as you pass under them.

Jfet

Adventurer
If you haven't yet, measure the height of your build and store it in your memory. You'll see overrpasses in a new light. You'll start noticing chunks of concrete missing and bent girders as you pass under them.

I don't think he is very tall compared to most class A's and truck campers. I measured a few Lance and Arctic Fox campers on dually American style pickup trucks and they were over 12 feet to the top of the air conditioner. Some class A are over 13 feet.

Although looking back at the photo, that rear cargo box up top might be a problem. I might think of jettisoning that and instead add a box or two under the flatbed.

brant

My thoughts also. That top cargo box is way up there. I'll do a height measurement and see what we got.
Thanks brant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles