26 second tent

Xbcasey

Adventurer
I came across this the other day while looking at ground tent options.
http://compactcampingconcepts.com/Store/en/26-campingtent

It's clearly a copy of the Oztent, but at a fraction of the cost. I haven't found any reviews or info on it other than a couple websites that are selling them. I understand that the Oztent is a high quality tent that is built extremely well and I don't expect this tent to be completely equal in that regard. But at that price, it may be an option if its if decent quality. Has any heard any other information on these tents??

Plano26

I also saw this tent and was curious about it; the price is definitely cheaper than the OZtent (which I really like but the $$$) but hesitant to get one as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for". Would also be interested in any reviews etc.

libarata

Expedition Leader
From what little I can see, it looks like an ice fishing shack. I would be wary of how large, and heavy it packs.

XJINTX

Explorer
Dang, I have an OZ and this sure looks like a copy... not sure of the ramifications... guess it's legal? I was thinking about a second OZ for when my grandkids want to travel with us.... I may have to look into this.

Xbcasey

Adventurer
I wouldn't expect it to hold up to as harsh of conditions as an Oztent, but for that much of a price difference it could be well worth it for general use or an auxiliary to a roof top tent

Kcdude

Adventurer
CVT sells a copy as well. There is a setup video on Youtube and it shows some of the features. The poles look a little sketch and uses plastic clips on the sides to hold the poles in place. There also is no front awning like on the Oztent because these are made to slide in the track of a CVT type awning. Then again the CVT was a smoking deal on the 30% off groupbuy.

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
I got this tent... Ordered it from tepui.... Sent it back within a week.... Nowhere near 26 seconds to set up and for some reason the legs wouldn't retract fully into itself when packing away.... It's an awesome concept but the execution needs to be a little better

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
Thank you, someone who has actually had their hands on it is exactly what I was looking for!

Don't get me wrong.. tepui was awesome to deal with... It may have Been that I got a defective one. Don't let that top you from considering the concept as it was awesome.. Mine jut didn't work well.... I'm sure others have had nothing but good luck with it

screwball48

Explorer
Compact camping concepts and boxrocket (Tepui sales rep) are both members here. Try reaching out to either one and see if they know of someone local to you that would let you see the tent in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior