Got Bored Waiting for 110...

Kgh

Let’s go already!
image.jpgimage.jpg

So I got bored waiting for 110 build, picked up an '01 SE, local to me, pretty cheap!

Recent reciepts for:
Head gaskets
Water pump
Coils
Idler Pulley
Brakes
Hood release cable
Lots more

Needs windshield trim, a new grill, a few other bits and pieces, and maybe a vac leak somewhere.
Seats not ripped, all windows open and close.

Guys had it listed as Landrover, not Land Rover, he said he kept dropping price but no one called. Never showed up on CL searches.

Anybodymnear FL parting one?

Have a good night,
Kip

mallthus

Pretty good at some stuff
I've long included misspelled names in my CL searches for exactly this reason.

My favorites include BWM, Chevrolay, Broncho, and Jeap.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
You won't find those wscreen trims used..they get brittle and break all the time...the 3 clips that secure it to the body snap off when you try to remove it...bit tricky to get them on too... If you find used ones with broken pieces you can RTV them on if you're patient ..

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Update

Cannot believe how much I like this truck. Even more than previous D1s we have had.
Have fixed a few things:
A pillar moldings
Fixed cruise control - adjust and a scrap of vaccuum hose
Added CDL from D1 - 19.00 from junkyard.
Years of leaves removed from fan
245/75/16 Cooper AT3s
Fluid changes
New radiator bleed screw - best part is gal at Advanced told me they sold by the box, would not let me just take 1
T-Stat
Made small strips and glued into console for window switch plate mounting
Waiting on Lucky8 shipment of track bar, drag link, PS pump, etc.

Junkyard parts that I consider "green":
Corner trim finishers above windshield
Dash cup holder
Brass diff drain plugs
CDL
Interior trim pieces
Idle Air Valve
Headlamp retainers

Many thanks to Lucky8, The Rover Shop, Heritage Safari Parts and others for advice and PMs

Kgh

Let’s go already!
A Rover day....

Envision a puddle of coolant

So driving from dog oncologist (whole other issue) back to a very busy day at work, my thermostat to pump hose freaking explodes. Limped 1/2 mile to a Pep Boys, had to have wife come get me so we could go to local LR dealer for hoses. It will be a 400 dollar day.... And stuff is still piling up at work. Moral of story is do not put off maintenance. I have most parts already for a front cover oil seal/new oil pump/sump gasket. I would have seen the mushy hose when I did this. As it stands, at least I am getting a coolant change! The Disco is like a stripper girlfriend, I really dig it but it is bound to f#ck me over from time to time.

PhD_Polymath

Observer
Ouch! Knowing how temperamental Rover V8s are to overheating, I hope nothing further got hurt when the hose went. I couldn't agree more about the maintenance being key. I am currently in deep for a Discovery V8 that is going to be completely rebuilt due to negligence from previous owners. I figure by the time I pay the original MSRP in new parts, my Disco will last as long as it has already. When you own a Rover, you must love it.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Ouch! Knowing how temperamental Rover V8s are to overheating, I hope nothing further got hurt when the hose went.
image.jpg
Spent last night redoing the 300.00 worth of Pep Boys labor. My coolant overflow bottle was broken at small nipple leading to throttle body, which they said caused overheat. I think it was more like the quarter sized hole in the hose, and they accidentally snapped it when attempting to bleed. No recourse really, a learning experience.

And the dealership hose they installed? The "mechanic" put the clamps on over the ridges on the thermostat fitting, not past them as one normally would. Used shop vac and gallons of water to flush system, did TB heater replacement, and took the wife for dinner with no issues.

All in all, I should have just had it towed home, and done the work myself. Thats what I get for thinking they could just replace a hose. Beyond their skill set.

PhD, (only on a rover forum..lol) Good luck! I hope if you go so far as engine you get a top-hatted block.

PhD_Polymath

Observer
Great to hear the truck is back on the road and straightened out. Sorry to hear about the fiasco getting it sorted out and thanks for the luck. I will certainly need every bit I can get!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior