2016 Defender

Skennedy

Adventurer
Here is a picture I found....what does everyone think.
If this platform comes to the U.S. it could seriously get me out of my jeep and back into a Landrover.
I have owned and driven many Landrover products including Defenders,Discoverys, RR and our current RR Sport (which my wife loves) and think they have finally shaken of the big question of reliability.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 157

Mack73

Adventurer
While not actually the DC100 concept, they did start with the DC100, update the front end to the new look and add some bells and whistles.

aluke0510

Adventurer
Here is a picture I found....what does everyone think.
If this platform comes to the U.S. it could seriously get me out of my jeep and back into a Landrover.
I have owned and driven many Landrover products including Defenders,Discoverys, RR and our current RR Sport (which my wife loves) and think they have finally shaken of the big question of reliability.

Looks like a bug farted... Lost all it's utilitarian nature.

I do think that whatever they come up with might make it to the US though. Seems that they are needing to meet more the US style safety stuff so wouldn't be as difficult. I would prefer they keep more like Mercedes did with the G-Waggon. Kept a lot of the utilitarian nature but still meet US regs. They just lost sight and made it into a luxury interior and over did the engine package... That and the price tag too.

Outback

Explorer
That is the Fugliest Land Rover I have ever seen. It makes the 101 look like a beauty queen. What are they thinking?

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I wonder how many thousand more times a fake photo of the defender replacement will be posted before the new defender doesn't come out

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Hah. This is only going to get worse before it gets better. We are about due for a "new" fake now, all of the circulating ones are at least a few months old.

By the way, to take a stab at it I think we will see a new Discovery (LR4 replacement) in fall 2015, and then maybe a new Defender in Spring 2016. Just a guess based on my understanding of the brand and their last few launches.

I also am holding out hope that it will be a nice vehicle. The closest thing we have to compare it to (from a JLR product "heritage" perspective) is the Jag F-type. Which is a ridiculous, ridiculous sports car that does well by the E-Type. Hopefully they have the same vision and execution for the new Defender.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior