2008 Jeep Wrangler JK8 Build/Adventure Thread

Yosh_Lopez

Observer
Fall 2015 Trips and Ramblings

It has been awhile since I last posted...deployments and TDYs have kept me away and out of the loop. I was finally able to get some time off and take in the Fall colors these past couple weekends.

Last week, headed out to Shenandoah and drove Skyline Dr. The last time we attempted this was in 2013, when the government shut down closed down this drive.

We camped at Matthew's Arm Campground, just off the northern section of Skyline Dr.

Mmm...fire roasted breakfast

thumb_DSC_0927_1024.jpg

Taking in the beautiful fall colors

thumb_DSC_0942_1024.jpg

thumb_DSC_0960_1024.jpg

thumb_DSC_0987_1024.jpg

Our destination at the Southern end of the drive.

thumb_DSC_1001_1024.jpg

Enjoying the view

thumb_DSC_1010_1024.jpg

thumb_DSC_1014_1024.jpg

Yosh_Lopez

Observer
This week we are in Vermont, taking in the last of the fall colors and....beer! We found an awesome cabin via AirBnB in Waterbury, close to all things delicious....Prohibiton Pig, Blue Stone Cafe, Ben and Jerrys....

We arrived into town on Friday night, and after receiving the keys for the cabin, headed over to Prohibtion Pig for some fuel after the 9.5 hour drive

image.jpeg

Saturday morning...our destination...Hill Farmstead

thumb_DSC_1069_1024.jpg

thumb_DSC_1073_1024.jpg

So much deliciousness!

thumb_DSC_1079_1024.jpg

thumb_DSC_1080_1024.jpg

Historic covered bridge on the drive from Waterbury to Hill Farmstead

thumb_DSC_1085_1024.jpg

thumb_DSC_1088_1024.jpg

thumb_DSC_1090_1024.jpg

On Sunday we headed out to explore some of the Class IV roads in the area.

First stop was the Skinny Panckae in Montpellier for sustenance.

image.jpeg

The falling leaves from the trees blanketed the trails

thumb_DSC_1099_1024.jpg

piratenation90

Adventurer
So envious of your jk8, if I didn't have a dog that goes everywhere with my fiance and me I would build a TJ Brute in a quick minute. I like the Mopar kit over the Teraflex kit because of the new panels that completely erase the rear doors.

Yosh_Lopez

Observer
So envious of your jk8, if I didn't have a dog that goes everywhere with my fiance and me I would build a TJ Brute in a quick minute. I like the Mopar kit over the Teraflex kit because of the new panels that completely erase the rear doors.

Thanks for the kind words. I couldn't be happier with the conversion. While there are some sacrifices in regards to passenger and enclosed cargo space, I have learned to adjust how I pack for trips to account for this. As for passengers...trips are just either by myself or with my girlfriend.

I saw the Terraflex conversion and dig how they give the access doors to the storage space behind the seats, but I prefer the clean look of the solid rear body panels. I plan on switching out the seats to ones from a two door for the flip and fold feature.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Love the JK8 conversion!

If I had to do the conversion myself I would extend the bed and frame after the rear axle a little bit. Would look a little better IMO and would increase cargo space.

puravida73

Observer
congrats on the mileage too - great to see the 3.8L getting so many happy miles. any tricks to your motors longevity other than the obvious?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier