TRD PRO markup??? any dealers want a sale??

motor-vater

Observer
Got a buddy in So Cal looking for a 15 Tundra TRD pro. Dealer near him wants 5K over MSRP??? Hes serious about buying but not willing to pay that price, anyone have any insight on this or a good dealer that wants a sale.. He will travel!!!

sn_85

Observer
Got a buddy in So Cal looking for a 15 Tundra TRD pro. Dealer near him wants 5K over MSRP??? Hes serious about buying but not willing to pay that price, anyone have any insight on this or a good dealer that wants a sale.. He will travel!!!

I don't think he'll find any deals in So Cal, such a competitive market there. He's going to have to be willing to look outside the area and likely outside the state for a good deal on a TRD Pro. I would try Nevada or Arizona if he can't find something decent in Cali.

arla

Observer
I'm in SoCal too. Last 3 cars I bought brand new including my 14 trail 4runner all were below MSRP (actually that one was more than 3k underMSRP). If you shop around and okay to drive 100 miles OE so far sure you will find TRD PRO Tundra with a good price possibly below MSRP!

if you want I can tell you were to look for. Just pm me.

amo292

Adventurer
Im in the Northeast and they can't sell the two they have. They keep calling me dropping the price more and more and offering more for my trade. Still not worth it to me.

jpat30

Adventurer
Im in the Northeast and they can't sell the two they have. They keep calling me dropping the price more and more and offering more for my trade. Still not worth it to me.

Thats interesting as I read an article online yesterday about the TRDs and nationally on average they only sit on the lot about 10 days. As the dealers are moving so many of them, there is little reason for them to discount them too deeply.

millerfish

Adventurer
Cabe Toyota in Long Beach. Talk to the internet guy Evan (evanm@cabetoyota.com) small family owned dealer. The will do what ever it takes...

FordGuy1

Adventurer
If nothing works out, have him call me. I am very good friends and worked for the owner of Norwalk Toyota for 20 years. 949-289-0099 (Rich)

krinkle

Got my TRD Pro 4Runner for MSRP. As far as Tundras go I think if he holds out and is willing to go MSRP, not a penny more, he will get what he wants. I have seen at least 3 TRD Pro Tundras in Inferno sit on lots for weeks, one in Glendale, one in DTLA, and I forget the other one, Culver City maybe.

I would not buy in Glendale, tried to bait and switch me, and wasted my time. Culver City didn't know what TRD Pro was when I first called them. I bought at NoHo Toyota, they tried the 5k over BS, then the buy the warranty and we will GIVE you it at MSRP thing, I finally said just call me if you will do MSRP. They called 10 minutes later and it was done. My 4Runner sat on the lot for less than 8 hours, it was delivered the evening before and still was covered in plastic when I pulled in to the dealer. I think The Tundras could be had for under MSRP if you really try. The Tacos are super rare around here. I have only seen one 4Runner TRD Pro so far, and it's the one I'm driving. I have seen 4 total Tundras, 3 at dealers one on the street all Inferno color. I have seen ZERO Tacos, at dealers or on the street.

Don't pay over MSRP!

I love my 4Runner. :)

15990998276_a7cef3dbc4_h.jpg

motor-vater

Observer
He scored it at MSRP from friend that has an auto leasing business... Black on Black with all the bells and whistles.. He is one happy camper right now and I am sick cause now I want one :(

motor-vater

Observer
So just an update, I got to go for a ride in this thing last night and am totally sickened by its awesomeness.. The exterior appearance is amazing blk with all blked out grill, emblems and everything, the red accents really set it off. This thing rides like a 3/4 truck feeling mighty on the road but after hitting some speed bumps in the parking lot at good rate of speed I can honestly say this thing eats up bumps and really leaves you with a smile on you face when driving. The interior is HUGE, trimmed with leather on the dash and doors, the red stitching is a real nice feature and with the navigation and back up camera you really dont feel like you are in a plain old toyota. I am only left wondering about towing capabilities, it has the tow package, but I did not notice any kind of electric brake controller. Hopefully this thing tows as good as everything else it does because I know he plans to hook his 28 ft tow hauler to it... I've seen tundras pulling the same trailer but not sure if the performance suspension is gonna drop the Gross towing capacity.. All in all I now hate my best friend and really need to get one of these things!!!

drobb

Adventurer
So just an update, I got to go for a ride in this thing last night and am totally sickened by its awesomeness.. The exterior appearance is amazing blk with all blked out grill, emblems and everything, the red accents really set it off. This thing rides like a 3/4 truck feeling mighty on the road but after hitting some speed bumps in the parking lot at good rate of speed I can honestly say this thing eats up bumps and really leaves you with a smile on you face when driving. The interior is HUGE, trimmed with leather on the dash and doors, the red stitching is a real nice feature and with the navigation and back up camera you really dont feel like you are in a plain old toyota. I am only left wondering about towing capabilities, it has the tow package, but I did not notice any kind of electric brake controller. Hopefully this thing tows as good as everything else it does because I know he plans to hook his 28 ft tow hauler to it... I've seen tundras pulling the same trailer but not sure if the performance suspension is gonna drop the Gross towing capacity.. All in all I now hate my best friend and really need to get one of these things!!!

pics or it didn't happen:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke