Holiday Season Fare

FJR Colorado

Explorer
So, what's everybody making?

Tonight I made schnitzel, spaetzle & brown gravy. Had some gourmet applesauce and Heineken dark. Lights out fantastic...

ranewman

Observer
Smoking a prime rib, roasted potatoes, glazed veggies, smoked eggs, and wife's special cheese cake to finish. Also...not moving from the couch for 2 days.

screwball48

Explorer
The ham was already hickory smoked. 4hrs more just added to the flavor. 1/2 way in I used the glaze pack to "wet" the ham down then rubbed it all over with brown sugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJR Colorado

Explorer
The ham was already hickory smoked. 4hrs more just added to the flavor. 1/2 way in I used the glaze pack to "wet" the ham down then rubbed it all over with brown sugar.

Sounds good!

Tonight I'm roasting a strip steak roast crusted in cracked pepper and kosher salt. Got some fingerling potatoes, crimini 'shrooms, puddles of gravy... Later, do some Bananas Foster...

screwball48

Explorer
What time does the dinner bell ring?
132c4e82251abea40a51e79c2e5f04ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

straps57

Observer
Yesterday I went out and picked my own oysters and mussels and dug up some clams. This evening I steamed oysters with your choice of butter or lemon for the first appetizer. This was followed by mussels in white wine sauce. The main course was linguine with a red clam sauce. For desert I made bread pudding. Sierra Nevada (snow pack sampler) was the adult beverage choices. The wife and inlaws seemed happy with the result. I think I could have done better on the red sauce but it was pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles