My new 79 Series Dualcab

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
Hey guys I thought I would share with you my newly acquired beast.

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

SHM_8485.jpg

SHM_8486.jpg

SHM_8488.jpg

SHM_8490.jpg

And the trip next August I have planned for her :)

And then to explore the Cape.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Love those LCs. The only thing that gets me is that they didn't change the rear door on the double cab ute. You have that funny cut out for the wheel opening like on the 76. It really doesn't show on your color though. Very nice rig!

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
Love those LCs. The only thing that gets me is that they didn't change the rear door on the double cab ute. You have that funny cut out for the wheel opening like on the 76. It really doesn't show on your color though. Very nice rig!

Thanks mate, yeah you do have that wheel section but after you see one so often it looks normal. I have seen in other mods that the section is cut out and used for tools/storage.

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
While sitting here at work I am thinking of all the different layouts that I can do for the back of my cruiser. I am thinking of making a front cage at the front of the tray to hold 2 x spare wheels (or maybe mount them on the back), on the sides of my aluminium boxes I will mount a set of Maxx Trax. inbetween the 2 Ali boxes I will mount my 60ltr engel on a drop down fridge slide. And am also considering mounting a RTT on top of my 2 Ali boxes. Under the tray I am considering an 80litre water tank with electric pump etc. Then I will be designing shelving inside the boxes.

Any one have any thoughts? I already have the 2 boxes and from the photos you can see what room is left after they are placed in position.

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
Cage similar to this.

vinyl%20blind%202.jpg

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
Oh Man, that is cool. What a great way to go on an adventure! It would be nice to have some sort of pull out cook stove. Maybe raise the RTT a little, off the boxes, so you have room for a folding table. chairs, etc. So many options, have fun.

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
Great truck! I'd buy one if available here in the states.

Cheers

Yeah they are a great vehicle

Oh Man, that is cool. What a great way to go on an adventure! It would be nice to have some sort of pull out cook stove. Maybe raise the RTT a little, off the boxes, so you have room for a folding table. chairs, etc. So many options, have fun.

I have a folding table but am unsure where that will go. But yes raising the RTT a bit may be of use. I am just keeping the centre of gravity low as possible. I have thought about actually raising the boxes a little so that oneside can have a pull out stove and the other can have a pull out table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier