My new 79 Series Dualcab

hove102

Adventurer
Ahhh you're making me want to go back! That thing is beautiful...I just got back from a trip to Oz for 4 months and a mate of mine down there has a Troopy that I would have given a kidney to bring back with me. Can't wait to see more photos of what you do to this thing!

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
Ahhh you're making me want to go back! That thing is beautiful...I just got back from a trip to Oz for 4 months and a mate of mine down there has a Troopy that I would have given a kidney to bring back with me. Can't wait to see more photos of what you do to this thing!

Yeah Oz is quite a nice place. I am slowly getting things done to her. No real rush.

Matto

Observer
How have I missed this thread before? Great truck Scott - the 79's are an awesome bit of kit.

Are they new tyres in the "gone fishing" pictures? Look bigger than standard to me!

I love the idea of bolting the toolboxes onto the tray permanently - so much storage, yet still more flexible than a big single canopy. Will be interested to see how you go with the RTT.

Drop me a message when you get to Cairns - always happy to have a beer with a fellow Expo member :)

Cheers,
Matto :)

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
How have I missed this thread before? Great truck Scott - the 79's are an awesome bit of kit.

Are they new tyres in the "gone fishing" pictures? Look bigger than standard to me!

I love the idea of bolting the toolboxes onto the tray permanently - so much storage, yet still more flexible than a big single canopy. Will be interested to see how you go with the RTT.

Drop me a message when you get to Cairns - always happy to have a beer with a fellow Expo member :)

Cheers,
Matto :)

The tyres are bigger ;) and yeah will definitely give you a buzz when going through Cairns.

satria

Wow a very pleasant trip
g.png

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Got to say I like it a lot. Saw one of these when I was in Oz back in 2008. It was a stocker and at the time I was kind of like, meh. But yours built up does it for me, looks awesome!

Cheers

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
Got to say I like it a lot. Saw one of these when I was in Oz back in 2008. It was a stocker and at the time I was kind of like, meh. But yours built up does it for me, looks awesome!

Cheers

Cheers yeah done up with the bigger tyres they look great :)

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
Well I had a flukey kind of day. Went and picked up a MSA drop fridge slide today and guess what.... It just squeezed in. No measuring it just fits perfect.

24932294070f5acb7fc6b25173e5b649.jpg

8fd0948906e74b0ed1b41c507d9bba73.jpg

20248488713a8f3ee24510bb55b8ddfc.jpg

ab5dff8a29afcebbf98a5e4120a15859.jpg

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
Well I have been hunting for a nice stable place to mount my ipad 4, and seeing as I am a non-smoker I figured the ashtray was a good spot. After removing the front housing on the ashtray I have screwed on a Ram Mount ball socket and have mounted my ipad there. The good thing is that it is out of the way, nice and visible and can be extended out the length of the ashtray. I am also in the process of fitting USB sockets into the dash that use the OEM holes.

DSC_0048 by Scott H Murray, on Flickr

DSC_0049 by Scott H Murray, on Flickr

kiwiNSpajero

te fridge spoils my idea a bit but you could have a drawer under the tray to slide out the back too.Love those LC,my brother has the earlier model probably one of the very first V8s in NZ.He had his name down for a new Ute but the Toyota dealer couldnt order the colour he wanted.It only came out later that the new V8 was on its way instead if he preferred

IMG_0058 by kiwiproflexrider, on Flickr

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
te fridge spoils my idea a bit but you could have a drawer under the tray to slide out the back too.Love those LC,my brother has the earlier model probably one of the very first V8s in NZ.He had his name down for a new Ute but the Toyota dealer couldnt order the colour he wanted.It only came out later that the new V8 was on its way instead if he preferred

IMG_0058 by kiwiproflexrider, on Flickr

Yeah I have a few ideas for drawers, just need to see how much room I will have left over after 2 x 90litre water tanks are installed under the tray.

And I just installed this USB insert, I think it looks schmick :) should keep my ipad and other things charged while driving.

DSC_0051 by Scott H Murray, on Flickr

Do not worry about the holes as they will be filled with switches for work lights etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94