My First Build: 96' E350 7.3 Quigley

Frohagen

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum, but wanted to share my progress on my first build. Two months ago, after tons of searching, I scored a 1996 E350 7.3 diesel with the Quigley 4x4 conversion for a good price. The van was an ex-bomb squad vehicle and was not in perfect shape, but was good enough to begin my project. So far, the goal is to turn this into a clean Mexico van.

I'll update as I go along.

image.jpg

livetoride21

Adventurer
WOW great find! I hope to be able to build myself one of those at some point in my life!
Will be watching this build. What are the build plans?

QuinnW

Congrats on the find! 4x4 vans in Canada are extremely rare. Diesel even more-so, Very few make it up from the states.

My buddy brought a Econoline 6.0L 4x4 conversion up from Cali. It's cab has been lifted more than it has been mobile...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frohagen

Yeah, I was really grateful and fortunate to find it. It had been sitting in a field for a couple years, so it had some surface rust on the frame and needed some TLC. The first thing to was Scotch-Briting the frame and applying rust prevention.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Frohagen

Thats awesome your friend scored one! Haven't looked a ton into it yet, but from what I understand there just isn't enough room in there.

Frohagen

The van got some new shoes the other day. I wanted it to look more proportional, so 315 BFG ATs and 17" ProComp Xtreme Alloys were put on.
image.jpg

Also, I have been grateful to have Nexus Metalwerx working on the fabrication part of my build. The owner Matt and his employee Josh have really done some beautiful work on my van. Recently, the front bumper was completed and I could not be happier with the outcome. I was looking for something subtle, but beefy and different than the ARB style bumpers.
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste