97 Grand Cherokee ZJ build

-Zach-

First post! My friend showed me this website yesterday since he knew my plan for mine was a nice Jeep to take out and enjoy the outdoors. Well I picked this Jeep up for $400 knowing it needed a bit of love from sitting to get it back into shape. Here it is the day I brought it home, no longer sitting in the previous owner's field wasting away. It was parked due to them running two different gear ratios in the front and rear of the vehicle which the front ended up deciding to take an eternal nap.

This is when buying parts began. I bought a battery, brakes, wipers, misc suspension bushings that needed replaced, wheels/tires, front carrier and gears, small puck lift for the time being to clear the tires but a bigger lift will come in the summer, muffler, and more maintenance items and various oil types than I can count. Totaled up I have about 1600ish in the Jeep so far including vehicle price. Thank heavens for rockauto to keep the price down.

During the install I grabbed only one photo.

Back on the road!

Knowing it was only 2wd since the front had no carrier in it I wanted to see what the Jeep could do with just some m/t's and bit of guts. I do not plan on ever seeing this much mud while taking it camping or on an adventure but wanted to test it and see what it could do with half its legs cut off so to speak just in case things get hairy. This picture doesn't show how deep the mud hole's got and the little Jeep pushed through.

That is where she is up to for now build wise. I plan on grabbing some more expedition geared items coming in the spring months after my 71 dart has a motor in it again. I do know I need to get a roof rack, front/rear bumpers and I want a 242 transfer case which I am working on purchasing in the next couple weeks so I can get the unit I want under the Jeep.

Thanks for sticking through if you did and if you have any build advice or live in the area hit me up!

-Zach-

Do you sell through a website or deal with members through a PM basis? I know once I start ordering parts geared towards this I will need some direction on brands and such.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Do you sell through a website or deal with members through a PM basis? I know once I start ordering parts geared towards this I will need some direction on brands and such.

Via private message or phone, been doing this a long time and like to help when I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94