Arizona to Florida part I

YYCADM

Fantastic trip! The first part in southern Utah....that is some amazing country. My wife and I spent almost three weeks in September of 2013 bouncing from one park to the next to the next, then reversing direction and going through them again. I think Bryce Canyon was my favorite; my wife's was Zion...good thing they're right next to each other! We're hoping to get back down there this fall; we'd like to take one of the guided horseback trips through Bryce.

concretejungle

Adventurer
I have that same tent just with a white shell.

In that picture of the frozen condensation inside the tent, were you running the fan on exhaust?

I camped in a cold snow storm in mine and had the fan running. Mine wasn't as bad as yours

Sherman134

Observer
Awesome trip reports, its pretty hard to find anyone lives, let alone camps in Florida! Looks like you have the perfect setup for quick camp setups, how do you like that rear tray, I have one but it's super loose, any advice for keeping it steady?

Also, during that silver river trip, where did you find those spots, and did you have to make a reservation? I've been looking to go camping in that area but all the campsites are booked up. Also, did you get a chance to explore any of the trails out there? and if so, where and how were they?

99Yota

Observer
Hi,

I haven't logged in a while.. The fan was running but it was also below zero and two of us. Since we had gusts of up to 45 mph, I had all of the doors/windows zipped/ velcro-ed.

I later learned that it is better to either partially unzip a window or leave a gap in the velcro for circulation.

99Yota

Observer
Awesome trip reports, its pretty hard to find anyone lives, let alone camps in Florida! Looks like you have the perfect setup for quick camp setups, how do you like that rear tray, I have one but it's super loose, any advice for keeping it steady?

Also, during that silver river trip, where did you find those spots, and did you have to make a reservation? I've been looking to go camping in that area but all the campsites are booked up. Also, did you get a chance to explore any of the trails out there? and if so, where and how were they?

__ Hi,

Actually, the tray is a full on trailer hitch platform which weights about 75 pounds empty. By the time I had loaded up as seen in the pictures, it probably weighed closer to 150. For the most part, it stayed fairly stable but it would move and squeek: fix? wd40...

The Silver River spot wasn't supposed to be camping: It was right behind the entrance to a bird sanctuary(!). That's why we had to set everything up the way you see. Since the main purpose was to see manatees, we just needed a place to camp until the tour company opened the next morning so no roads/ trails were explored. Also, since it was dark, each of the 'trails' we thought we found were actually long driveways to private property... eventually, after about 45 minutes of this, we settled on the bird sanctuary.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94