small chain saw

jrandom

Stihl 036 20-inch bar and a skip tooth, perfectly capable for 99% of anything I would ever do. :) Sharpen with a file. Rule number two saw is for wood not dirt.

make sure you don't run gas with ethanol through your saw - will eat it alive!

I don't believe that at all. That's all my saws have had in them for years.

Depends on when the engine was manufactured. Newer motors have been designed for use up to 10% ethanol. You still shouldn't let e-gas sit in your tools very long. Use it or lose it.

Some info, fast read 2 pages:
http://content.ces.ncsu.edu/ethanol...s-of-an-alternative-fuel-in-small-engines.pdf

Sorry first post, Hi everyone! :)

Last edited:
is battery saws a feasible option?

I have a friend who bought a stihl electric saw. I was skeptical but it works great and has good run time. Not perfect for every application but a viable option. I also cut wood with someone who uses canola oil for his bar oil. It seems to work fine although it sometimes gives off a popcorn smell.

GregSplett

Adventurer
Alright so where is the best place to get fuel to use if not using the premix?

Both our feed stores also sell e-free gas as well as the marinas.

I am another one that does not mix anymore.I buy Husq premix from the local box store.Both my Husq saw and my Ryobi weed eater love it.I pay seven dallars a quart.My saw just cuts firewood for camp and wood shop heat and clears logging roads during the fall winter.I probably buck 5 chord a year.If I was logging I would mix again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne