2014 - 7000+ Miles of Memories

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Despite spending a quarter of the year stuck in a hotel while on a jobsite assignment out of state 2014 ended up being a good year for travel; In which I covered approximately 7000 miles of travel though 6 states either via pavement or back-county dirt roads and approximately 200-250 of travel between hiking and mountain biking. Hopefully, 2015 is just as good.

January - Utah Auto Expo

February -
Mountain biking the Hurricane Rim Trail in southern Utah

Grafton Ghost Town and Cemetary in southern Utah

Little Sahara Sand Dunes trip with the Wasatch Cruisers

Random Exploring west of Ogden, Utah

March -
Camping out at 5-Mile Pass Recreation area with a friend and his family.

Explored some ghost towns in eastern Nevada.

April - no real travel happened this month as I was getting ready to head back to Colorado Springs for a job assignment and I drove down to Arizona to see my folks and so they could sell my commuter car I bought.

May - In May I was between Colorado Springs and my home back in Ogden, Utah (which would be the norm for the next few months)
Visited Garden of the Gods

Hiked to Lewis Peak in Ogden, Utah

June -
Florrisant Fossil Beds and the mining museums of Cripple Creek, Colorado

Hiked to Ben Lomond Peak on my monthly trip back home to Utah.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
July -

I hike the 'Incline Trail' located in Manitou Springs, Colorado.

Got some mountain biking in at Rampart Reservoir (one of many trips).

August -

Drove back to Smith Creek Lakes on my monthly trip home to Utah.

September -

This month saw my big trip of year as I spent a week traveling and hiking in Idaho and Glacier National Park in Montana
Craters of the Moon, Idaho

Lion City, Montana

Hidden Lake, Glacier NP

Grinnel Glacier Overlook, Glacier NP

Grinnel Glacier Complex, Glacier NP

Swiftcurrent Pass, Glacier NP

Garnet and Granite Ghost Towns, Montana

October -

Revisited the Great Sand Dune NP in Colorado and hiked back to Medano Lake and drove the pass road into the park.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
November -

Did some hiking around 11-Mile Reservoir, an area I wanted to hike since coming to Colorado in 2011.

December -

Hiked around the 'Painted Mine' area located near Calhan, Colorado.

Meet up and lead a group of Toyota 4runner owners on 'Broken Arrow' trail in Sedona, Arizona while visiting my family for Christmas.

2014 was a good year. Hope everyone had a good 2014 and I hope 2015 goes well for everyone.

Bushmaster6

Adventurer
The "incline". When I was stationed at Ft Carson we used to periodically do an "offsite" for PT (physical training). It will EXPOSE you and your fitness (or lack thereof). A fun thing to do if you're visiting C-Springs, and you can grab one of several available pancake breakfasts in Manitou Springs when you are done!

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
The "incline". When I was stationed at Ft Carson we used to periodically do an "offsite" for PT (physical training). It will EXPOSE you and your fitness (or lack thereof). A fun thing to do if you're visiting C-Springs, and you can grab one of several available pancake breakfasts in Manitou Springs when you are done!

I liked the incline (passed a lot of folks going up it). I didn't think it was all that bad compared to some of the 14'ers I've done, just the spacing of the rail ties made walking up it kind of funny.

I need to hike it again now that they've completed repairs on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier