Any experience with TC Teardrops?

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
Then that is a copy ad. I have spoken to the guy that builds those and he is in Las Vegas. His shop is off of the south end of the strip.

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
The Nest Egg looks intriguing. There are a few things I don't like for a real off road trailer after watching his videos:

1. Torsion beam suspension.
2. Spare tire location (under the tongue, where it is guaranteed to get hung up off road).
3. A multiple water tank system (one tank under the floor for a shower, and a separate smaller one for the sink, filled separately).
4. Unclear if matching wheels and tires to the tow rig is an option.

On the plus side:

1. Very lightweight.
2. Has a waste water tank.

Any idea what these start at?

I sent off for a quote with changes of my own. No spare, bring my own wheels and tires and no need for water tanks. I'll respond when I hear back.

MtnToSea

Observer
I did! He builds a few a month. We're talking as well.

When I was in Vegas I wanted to go by and see the trailer, but was told that it wasn't in Vegas but being sold through a 3rd party consignment company. You do a wire transfer of the funds and they ship you the trailer. You than have 7 days to make sure it is what you expected or you can send it back with a refund. I wasn't willing to send money without seeing the trailer and hoping it would really be sent (number one warning from Craigslist). I told them if they get the trailer back to Vegas or makes another one, I will be more than willing to come look. I hope they are legit and make more, I would definitely be a buyer at that price. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
That is certainly not the guy that placed the ad then. This guy invited me to his shop to see the build progress. Some *** clown has copied his ad. :mad:

MtnToSea

Observer
If you know who really builds them, you may want to give him a heads up. Does the builder have a website? I would love to talk to the real builder if he sells them around the price listed on the Craigslist post.

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
Well I swung by the address he gave me a few months ago and they were closed. The trailer was sitting inside the shop that I could see from the window. I'll call him again tomorrow and post up his number then. (I don't have it handy right now).

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
Ok, I went by the shop on Boulder highway to have a look at his trailer. I'll be honest, the one he had, I would not pull with my wife's Tucson. It had a canvas covered roof and hatch. The sides were covered in a vinyl wrap, and the floow was bare wood. It is built on an ATV trailer with a 1,000lb axle. Price was $5K. Ther number is 702-435-1116 if you want to call them. He may make something different.

On that note, we've just decided to build our own. A few of our club members are experienced builders so we are going to build a 5x8 much like the TCT Offroad trailer with the rolled front and square galley hatch. I'll post up when the build officially starts.

TCTeardrops

Custom Camping Trailers
This is Todd Mowrer owner of TCTeardrops LLC and just want to give you a bit of history of our company. We have been building custom Teardrops full time for 7 years with over 350 Trailer builds. This is not our first year of building off-road units it is our 7th year. We are just standardizing our off-road unit with what we think works best on the market. We can install pretty much anything because we do everything from ground up. We weld our frames which allows us to make changes for the customers specs. We recently had a custom 4X8 trailer that wheeled the "White Rim Trail" and the "Alpine Loop" The customer was from New York and traveled over 7000 miles with 0 issues and is taking his TCTeardrops Trailer to Baja this year. Our focus is quality and functionality. We keep it simple with quality parts so you do not have worry about failures on the back roads. You really can't compare us to anybody because I designed our Teardrops specifically to take the abuse of off-road, heavy loads and wind shear(kayaks, bikes, canoes, fuel, water etc...) without failure.

Thanks Todd

TCTeardrops

Custom Camping Trailers
Nick

I just started a new FB page "Teardrop Trailer Parts" with some pricing and if you need something let me know?

UncleDave16

Hello all,

I ordered a 5 x 10 TC Teardrop about two months ago and it should be ready for pick up in late March 2017. At this point, I'm planning a trip to pick it up, then over to the Mississippi River and follow the River, have you heard of the Great River Road???, down to St. Louis before heading home to finish a few things on it, get it packed and get ready for a trip to New Mexico and Utah. I'm excited and keep telling myself, just 6 more months!!!! I'm hoping to eventually head down the White Rim road in Canyonlands Park, I got the 15" ground clearance package on the teardrop as well. The "long range" plan is to start zigzagging up into Canada and then zigzag the opposite direction back down to New Mexico or Arizona. By the way the Great River Road goes from Minnesota all the way down to New Orleans. Take Care All, Uncle Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior