Operation Backyard Discovery

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!!!!!!:coffeedrink: I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous right now! Only 4 years of indentured government service until my wife and I can do this. I am subscribing to this so I can live vicariously through you guys!

notajeepfan

This is now old news... Alot has happened since you left The Dalles

I finally had time to upload another video from when we went out trail trialing up in Oregon.

zelatore

Explorer
That last pic of the valley is actually a really bad thing. Note the lack of white in the photo....

Yosemite is stunning though. Living only a few hours away I go pretty regularly, just not in the summer because of the crowds. It's one of the few places that I've been that actually measured up to the post cards.

notajeepfan

I'm sure you mean snow. We are missing about 100+ inches in our mountains also. Hopefully February and march are colder and wetter.

zelatore

Explorer
I'm sure you mean snow. We are missing about 100+ inches in our mountains also. Hopefully February and march are colder and wetter.

Yes, snow. Our last rain was back in December (a pretty good storm) but it was relatively warm so not much snow.
We'll be a little south of Yosemite this weekend for a snow wheeling trip. Hopefully there's actually some on the ground!

60toyetero

Adventurer
It has been a while sense we updated our location. Living on the road has been a great experience. we have met great people and have learn things that we will apply for the rest of our lives. The journey continues. After Yosemite we went to Santa Barbara, followed by Hollywood, Death Valley, Zion and the Grand Canyon. We cut Utah short to hang out with family in Colorado Springs before heading to South America.

P1232209.jpg
P1232211.jpg Home in Santa Barbara
IMG_0348.jpg
IMG_0345.jpg Farmers market in January. Amazing weather we did not want to leave
P1242216.JPG
P1242219.JPG

Last edited:

60toyetero

Adventurer
P1272414.jpg
P1272418.jpg Is always fun picking up a place to sleep at nights. Just find a dirt road, drive down it and park it.
P1282436.jpg
P1282450.jpg 9+ miles of Down hill ride to the Valley. I had to
P1282466.jpg
P1282471.jpg
P1282513.jpg
P1282519.jpg
P1282563.jpg
P1282567.jpg

60toyetero

Adventurer
P2062852.jpg

Sorry we are not posting much information on the pictures, and the places we have been. We have been living in the moment and being on the internet has been the last thing on our minds. I hope the pictures motivate those at home to hit the Open Road. The adventure continues

60toyetero

Adventurer
In south america now. we have been down here for about 3 weeks hanging out with family and catching up on 15 years. It has been an amazing time. Heading to San Andres soon for some beach time and heading south after that towards Machu Pichu. The truck is sitting safe and sound in Colorado at my sister after we spent some time in the mountains skiing and enjoying the rockies. I really miss it, and driving on the open road. The truck has truly become our little home but getting to live life out of a duffle bag gives you great experiences as well.
These were the first chocolo arepas, and mango and mora juice in colombia
P3112876.JPG
P3112877.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles