Camping in Central America

Pax2525

Adventurer
Hey,

I posted a similar question in the CA planning thread but also wanted to hear from you that are in the Family Planning Thread...

I would love to do a trip here in the near future through CA maybe even through SA.

Wife is concerned about a few things though. We have 2 small kids (almost 3 & 1.5) so she is slightly worried about that.

The other concern is I would love to camp as much as possible to save costs (ideally free camping)....
What have you guys heard experienced as safety concerns for camping?

I am also wondering if a tent is sufficient or a RTT is more superior and worth the much added costs?

We are not new to camping just not experienced camping in CA. We have traveled there but that was staying in hotels and hostels.

Thanks for the input!

I have not camped in Central America, but my girlfriend and I are planning on heading that way this year with our two kids (10 and 12). A friend of mine introduced me to the Song of the Road bloggers. Really informative stuff, and they even have a section about all the campgrounds they stayed in during the trip by country. You can check it out here: http://songoftheroad.com/camping/

Good luck with your trip!

kellyho

don't forget to bring your tents when camping :)

More and more motorcyclists have taken to camping, both to reduce travel costs and to add an extremely enjoyable dimension to their adventures. This new second edition is loaded with up-to-date and practical information on how to plan a two-wheel camping trip, such as evaluating the bike for space and load-carrying capacity, what and where to look for in gear and how to use it, finding motorcycle-only campgrounds, planning and packing for the ultimate trip, dealing with "critters" at camp, learning the newest campfire cooking techniques, and even has some easy, tasty recipes to try. An extensive resource directory lists dozens of equipment suppliers to orient riders in the overwhelming sea of information available today on gear, luggage, clothing, and even trailers.
o.png

If you're a beginner to motorcycle camping, this book is nice. If you're a beginner to camping and to motorcycle camping, this book is an amazing read. For me, with experience with motorcycle camping, the book really only added a few things to my knowledge. However, I sometimes tow a trailer (yes motorcycles can tow trailers), and this book was actually fairly useful to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles