01 Disco - transfer case issues need help

Mr. Pickles

Observer
Turns out, it was just the solenoid. Good news! There is a fault, though - the warning light and chime for when the transfer case is in neutral doesn't come on. I have my British Motors guy on the case (not punny...).

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Gotta love the guy who told you new transfer case... suppose you had said "fix it". Just wonder what the outcome would have been.

My 01 had the nut loosen and slip off cable for transfer case, went to local boneyard, $19.00 later walked out with D1 CDL complete linkage. Very happy with results.

Good luck with your truck.

Mr. Pickles

Observer
New issue - when I engage 4 low, a light 9two gears) and a ding sounds. I think this is the neutral warning, and I assume this isn't normal. Probably due to solenoid being removed. Any ideas here?

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
yup, it'll ding until its in low range or hi range.

once the center diff is locked a red light will appear showing its locked. Make sure to unlock the diff if you turn off the ignition. The ABS and Traction control will not work once restarted. Atleast on mine. So I have to shift it into unlocked when I stop and turn it off. Then when I get moving again, I shift it back into locked. If I need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94