Which Lr3 Sump Guard

unseenone

Explorer
e0fdcb4334f19e9be0dd9c44c09af4f9.jpg

Got the rear yesterday. Will post more pics when the tire carrier and front come in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we get a shot from low center showing the bottom?

A.J.M

Explorer
I'd Like to see a closer up picture of the mounting, recessed bolts, etc. I have one, but no mounting hardware.

The bolts are a M10 thread, with a 15mm head. Fit a washer for the front 2.
Thread length for the front is 50mm and you will need a nut to secure it. The rears are also 50mm but don't need a retaining nut as they wind into holes in a plate that's there from the factory.

Hope this helps.

pgoodrich

Observer
Do your parking sensors actually work? I thought T4x4 was Not going to drill sensor mounts anymore. I'm glad to see you have them, but do they work?

Parking sensors work, but are not as accurate. I turned mine upside down when I installed the bumper due to the angle of the factory bumper having a slant to it. I may try and turn them back to the factory side up to see if that helps.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Yeah, I have the Kaymar and the sensors have always "worked", as in 100% of the time they scream at me. I find it very annoying that kaymar drilled the holes for them but their own latches cause the sensors to alarm...

pgoodrich

Observer
I will see how they work with the tire gate attached once I install. I bet I will have the same results as Jwestpro.

pgoodrich

Observer
Well just as suspected the sensors in the rear are useless with the tire on the gate attached.

zelatore

Explorer
It's possible to get the sensors to work with a Kaymar - one of our club members has done it. But his solution was to install the Kaymar w/o a swing-out then build a custom swing-out that puts the tire at just the right height. I understand it took a fair amount of fiddling to get the tire to 'fit' around the sensor beam patterns and not totally block the rear window.

pgoodrich

Observer
I will just live without the sensors. Anyone looking to buy rear sensors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior