Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I use this one every day:

rei-recycled-camp-mug.jpg

This one is my cold weather\road trip mug:

6a00d83451c0aa69e2015432b3c573970c-320wi

psykokid

Explorer
I like the Zojirushi mugs and bottles. We've got a 1.5 Liter Zojirushi vacuum container that we always use when camping. We will boil water in the morning while camping and fill it up and then set it aside. Water will still be steaming hot the next morning (if we don't use it the night before) for hot chocolate or tea. The only bad thing with the bigger sized ones is that the coating on the inside will stain and pick up flavors after a while. I've got one that is perma coffee stained from using it at work. If you get the smaller sized all stainless ones without the interior coating you don't run into this issue.

SlowCarFast

Thermos double wall stainless. Pick the style that you like best, I like the leakproof options. I use mine every day and it always gets put in the camping kit.

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
so I don't want to get too deep into the research for a new coffee mug for camping. But I'm in the market for one.

Just curious what others here on the forum use.

I've seen all the fancy "overland" themed enamel mugs that I think are kind of expensive for a standard enamel mug with a screen printed logo on it. If enamel mugs are great then I'd just get a standard one at REI or something.

I currently have a 20oz REI mug that does the job fine but it's kind of big. www.rei.com/product/857303/rei-recycled-camp-mug-20-fl-oz They offer one in a 12oz size so I may get that.

I'm open to other brands and styles and just curious what others are using. :coffeedrink:

Best mug for camping is the mug you have. If you do not have a mug then you quickly make one :)

Bob Keyes

I just got a YETI mug for Christmas and I think it is really great, however they only come in 20oz and 30oz and neither have a handle. But they really keep cold things cold longer and hot things hot longer. I really was surprised by how great it worked. Good luck in your search.

X2

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Chantal made a stainless thermos push button mug for the lance armstrong foundation, at least up till he destroyed himself. It is the best performing thermos I've ever used. I can make coffee in the afternoon, get up the next morning and its still plenty warm. My Weim ate the lids off the first two (apparently a coffee lover) so I tracked down a few more via that there internet and bought extra for stock. Around $25 as I recall.

I remember seeing a shoot out a while back and zojirushi got top marks for maintianing temps, both hot and cold. I have other Zojirushi products and they're top notch. I wouldnt be afraid to take shot with one of those.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Chantal made a stainless thermos push button mug for the lance armstrong foundation, at least up till he destroyed himself. It is the best performing thermos I've ever used. I can make coffee in the afternoon, get up the next morning and its still plenty warm. My Weim ate the lids off the first two (apparently a coffee lover) so I tracked down a few more via that there internet and bought extra for stock. Around $25 as I recall.

I remember seeing a shoot out a while back and zojirushi got top marks for maintianing temps, both hot and cold. I have other Zojirushi products and they're top notch. I wouldnt be afraid to take shot with one of those.

Zombie, I know, but came across this thread again while searching something else and figured I'd update.

I took my own advice and bought one of the Zojirushi thermoset while on a trip. Without doubt, hands down THEE best hot/cold thermos type device I've ever purchased. I thought the Armstrong branded version I bought was good, but this blows it and everything else I've ever tried right out of the water. It will keep hot liquid hot far longer than anything I've used, especially if you're wanting to store that hot stuff for later use. I filled one with coffee and then forgot about the dang thing. I opened it up around 48 hrs later and she was still plenty warm. If you're drinking from it the obvious heat loss from the opening/closing takes its toll, but it still does better than anything else I've owned. 5-star.

Was searching for mugs a couple years ago and was getting frustrated with the options. I wanted something that would nest and not burn my lips. I ended up finding these from Stanley, just the green cups, but I cant find them again online. They where listed as replacement parts and were only a couple bucks a piece, if I remember.

http://stanley-pmi.com/store/stanley/en_US/pd/ThemeID.39334800/productID.324177300

Don't forget melamine either, that is the material your school lunch trays were made of. I am considering replacing our metal plates with them. Lots of places like World Market sell melamine dish sets for "outdoor" use

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke