Best mug for camping

ramatl73

Observer
RTIC Lowball. $12.50 each.

41UyxhxK6NL._SX355_.jpg

wagex

Adventurer
i use the little cheap $1 plastic cups from the camping section in walmart usually when im camping i want my coffee to cool down quicker any coffee i want to save or keep hot i put in my thermos for later in the evening or whenever the caffeine need comes... it will even keep it hot till the next morning.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
I've had the same Ti mug for 15 years now I think, does not stay hot or cold and I don't care - it's small, weightless and indestructible, I drink my coffee while it's hot, and since it's all metal and not insulated I can just put it on the low flame or next to the fire for a keep hot or reheat.

Works great as a tiny pot for the same reasons - melt butter, heat cream for cappuccino whip-ups, make tea right in it, etc...

TheGetLostTaco

We go places
Hydroflask all the way, I was recently in the middle east (100+ temps) and filled one up with water & ice in the am; by 9 pm the ice had not melted and the water was as cold as when I filled it. I know they make mugs for coffee as well and if they are as good as the water bottles that is a solid investment.

Honu

lost on the mainland
have tried a few various and back to some snow peak titanium double wall mugs and single wall which I also like as sometimes with tea I dont drink quick enough and I can throw it back on the stove and heat it in the same mug :)
the double wall are the ones with out handles since I like to hold my cups that way

I might get a couple toaks brand way cheaper and the one long handle spoon I have of theirs is every bit SP so might as well save some coin :)

tried about 5 other brands mostly some kinda non metal and dont like them in the long run to tough to clean out of flavors and the metal ones to hot where the titanium is nicer IMHO
still have to try the yeti tumbler and I love love my hydroflask for water I could see those being a option to

if I was to start over knowing what I know toaks titanium single with reflectix cozy

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
my hydroflask doubles as a beer growler. But thats 64 oz, and really, kinda not part of this purpose!

I have a 32-oz Hydroflask that I use alternately as a growler and as a thermos for coffee. Only "bad" part is that we need to drink all the beer on the first night if we want to use it for coffee on day 2! ;-) (Or I end up brewing directly into a mug instead)

spikemd

Explorer
X2 for Snow Peak double wall. My only complaint is when we are driving in the morning and it doesn't taper to fit in a standard cup holder in the truck. Around camp, it is awesome. Keep tea hot for awhile and beer cold later.

I have both double wall Hydroflask 32oz and 64oz. 32 is for water and 64 for growler. Keeps beer cold for a day without refrigeration.

I have also found the Silipints to be great for camping. The silicone is flexible which makes storage much easier as you can flatten them. They insulate well and keep beverages hot or cold for longer. We also use these by the pool since they are indestructible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles