On the Road in Baja and Need Help

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
We fixed this van in Cabo - over a year ago....

Who is we? From the OP's blog at http://www.ourroadlife.com/category/sportsmobile/

"Over several weeks we went back and forth between Cabo San Lucas, Los Barriles and San Jose. In Cabo, we got help from a guy, Ramsey, who owned an off-road conversion place in San Diego. He responded to one of our online forum postings and he happened to be around Cabo. On the last day of his family vacation, he dragged his whole family over and spent an hour in the hot sun looking at our van and gave us advice. Then we got a welder to weld the track bar back together. In Los Barriles, we found a Baja off-road race car builder, Patrick, who turned out to be a mechanical engineer. He fabricated new mounts for us that extended the compression length by a few inches and modified the bump stops. We are super happy with his work and were very lucky to have found him by chance."

1) Ramsey was there for an hour and gave advice
2) unnamed welder fixed trackbar
3) Patrick the off-road racer fabricated and modified stuff

So it would seem you looked at the broken van and offered advice. Did I misread your role?

Seriously all this self-promo grinds my gears. Even worse when it's misleading.

Last edited:

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Who is we? From the OP's blog at http://www.ourroadlife.com/category/sportsmobile/

"Over several weeks we went back and forth between Cabo San Lucas, Los Barriles and San Jose. In Cabo, we got help from a guy, Ramsey, who owned an off-road conversion place in San Diego. He responded to one of our online forum postings and he happened to be around Cabo. On the last day of his family vacation, he dragged his whole family over and spent an hour in the hot sun looking at our van and gave us advice. Then we got a welder to weld the track bar back together. In Los Barriles, we found a Baja off-road race car builder, Patrick, who turned out to be a mechanical engineer. He fabricated new mounts for us that extended the compression length by a few inches and modified the bump stops. We are super happy with his work and were very lucky to have found him by chance."

1) Ramsey was there for an hour and gave advice
2) unnamed welder fixed trackbar
3) Patrick the off-road racer fabricated and modified stuff

So it would seem you looked at the broken van and offered advice. Did I misread your role?

Seriously all this self-promo grinds my gears. Even worse when it's misleading.

Seriously?

My "whole family" was just me and my wife. It was not the last day of our family vacation, as we live there. We drove one hour from our house to meet this family in Cabo after several communications (internet and phone) climbed under the van and took measurements and explained the problems - front and rear. Then went with them to a local welder and explained the problem and solution to the welder, who did the actual work on the shock mounts. This was in Cabo and not Los Barriles. The track rod was fixed long before I saw them by a different welder, I don't know where, maybe Bahia de Los Angeles as it broke north of there. The only thing I was involved with was the shock mounts. There are obviously differences in the accounts - none significant or important. All I know is "we" helped this family "fix" their van and they were very grateful and kind; and I was curious how they were doing on their grand adventure. I'm sorry to have caused your cranky old gears to grind. Get over it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94