Chevy tops 2015 light duty pickup comparison

haven

Expedition Leader
Pickuptrucks.com has published the results of the 2015 light duty V8 gas-powered pickup comparison. This year, the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra outpointed the new aluminum Ford F150. The Ram 1500 and Toyota Tundra finished out the top five. All trucks cost between $45,000-$54,000.
http://special-reports.pickuptrucks.com/2015/01/2015-light-duty-v-8-challenge-results.html

The obvious problem with the comparison is that the GM products packed a 6.2L V8 with 8 speed trans, while the Ford had a 5.0L V8 and 6 speed auto. The GM products were several thousand dollars more expensive.

The web site has lots of information about all five trucks, so you should be able to find a winner based on your criteria.

Kaisen

Explorer
Yeah, they may want to re-do that with a 3.5L V6 EcoBoost.

But there's no re-do for the 5.7L Ram and 5.7L Tundra.

While there isn't a clear winner in many people's mind, I think there is a clear loser in the empirical data here...

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Yea if I were shopping.. I'd buy used if I needed something ASAP. Then wait for the pickup battle which is just starting to heat up. Give it another yr and I think we'll be seeing some epic price and options battles on rigs that offer better tech than the current offerings. Pick up game is looking to go super nova in about another yr. This is going to be really interesting to watch and I think we'll see some really nice products surface as a result.

straps57

Observer
Pickuptrucks.com has published the results of the 2015 light duty V8 gas-powered pickup comparison. This year, the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra outpointed the new aluminum Ford F150. The Ram 1500 and Toyota Tundra finished out the top five. All trucks cost between $45,000-$54,000.
http://special-reports.pickuptrucks.com/2015/01/2015-light-duty-v-8-challenge-results.html

The obvious problem with the comparison is that the GM products packed a 6.2L V8 with 8 speed trans, while the Ford had a 5.0L V8 and 6 speed auto. The GM products were several thousand dollars more expensive.

The web site has lots of information about all five trucks, so you should be able to find a winner based on your criteria.

Not sure why this is a problem? Fords biggest motor option is the 5.0 in the 1/2 ton segment.

synonymous

It is a great move to stuff your 3/4 ton gasser engine into your 1/2 ton chassis. All are overpriced for what you get though.

nick325i

Adventurer
It is a great move to stuff your 3/4 ton gasser engine into your 1/2 ton chassis. All are overpriced for what you get though.

It is crazy to see how expensive trucks have gotten even over the past few years. My dad is the market for a truck similar to these to replace his current truck purchased in 01'. He paid less than $30k for 01 gas 3/4 ton chevy that he got 300k miles out of. He decided to step down to a 1/2ton since he doesn't haul a horse trailer anymore. It's been tough for him to shallow how much they cost for sure.

05mxdiesel

It is crazy to see how expensive trucks have gotten even over the past few years. My dad is the market for a truck similar to these to replace his current truck purchased in 01'. He paid less than $30k for 01 gas 3/4 ton chevy that he got 300k miles out of. He decided to step down to a 1/2ton since he doesn't haul a horse trailer anymore. It's been tough for him to shallow how much they cost for sure.

I know what you are saying. But if you look at the 50-60k trucks, they have so much uneeded electronic gizmos on them. You can still get a work truck, vinyl seats and rubber floors, basic truck 4x4 under 35k. I picked up my 3.4 ton dodge tradesman crew cab model for 35k, and I don't have to worry about all the crap to go bad in the 60k trucks.

nick325i

Adventurer
I know what you are saying. But if you look at the 50-60k trucks, they have so much uneeded electronic gizmos on them. You can still get a work truck, vinyl seats and rubber floors, basic truck 4x4 under 35k. I picked up my 3.4 ton dodge tradesman crew cab model for 35k, and I don't have to worry about all the crap to go bad in the 60k trucks.

Agreed and that's what I do or buy something a few years old. I don't think he wants the Platinum, High Country, Longhorn, etc edition, just something above base to commute in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior