LR3 Third Row Conversion

spikemd

Explorer
We bought our 2006 LR3 last year and it had some nice upgrades (Sasquatch rods [it was Sasquatch's truck], ARB front bumper, Superwinch, rack, etc,) and was well maintained. One option we wanted was 7 seats since we have 3 kids and having an extra seat or two if very helpful when touting kids and family.

Another member of the NCLR (NorCal LR Club) wanted to lighten up his truck and didn't have use for his extra seats. So I drove 2.5 hrs to his place and we completed the swap yesterday. It is a bolt-in swap with all factory holes available, but it requires complete disassembly of the rear compartment to get a factory install. From my truck, we removed the rear and middle deck, deck supports, tie-downs, side carpet trim, rear seat belt bolts, pillar trim and both side rear panels in order to remove the carpet. From the 7 seater, the seats were removed, third row seat belts along with the third row seat locks. We swapped everything over and bolted them in place. If you acquired seats separately, you could cut your carpet to fit the seats, but since we wanted the other truck to look complete, the continuous uncut carpet was essential. I have a tan interior, but the donor truck had black seats. Since all LR3s have black rear carpeting, it actually doesn't look bad.

Here are a few pics.

SCROLL DOWN FOR PICS
lr3_rear_both.jpg

lr3_rear_cargo.jpg

lr3_rear_foam.jpg

lr3_rear_rupert_out.jpg

lr3_rear_carpet.jpg

lr3_rear_seats_out.jpg

lr3_rear_seats_install.jpg

Last edited:

spikemd

Explorer
The 7 seaters have third row HVAC and volume control in the back. I will not have those for my passengers, but the third row is only for short trips.

The donor vehicle had the upgraded stereo system (which is much better than my SE) which incorporates a speaker in the rear pillar trim. Since he wanted to keep it, I either need to find the trim with seat belt holes or cut them myself. You can see the rear pillars in the pics below. Other than that, everything looks straight from Solihull.

lr3_rear_seats_install2.jpg

lr3_rear_seats_install_flat.jpg

cannonball55

Adventurer
Great job on the swap! looks quite consuming though wow! Both trucks looks great! love the color too.

<Snip>Since all LR3s have black rear carpeting, it actually doesn't look bad. <Snip>

They do? I have tan rear carpeting... :sombrero:

I dont have the bungee nets though :(

spikemd

Explorer
Great job on the swap! looks quite consuming though wow! Both trucks looks great! love the color too
They do? I have tan rear carpeting... :sombrero:
I dont have the bungee nets though :(

I am totally wrong... If you have tan seats, it goes all the way to the back but my SE was black in the rear. My bad!

:ylsmoke:

The rear seats are great for our family of 5 and I am really happy I did this conversion.

Just found the rear upper pillar trim with seat belt passthroughs at British Recyclers in Rancho Cordova. Now she is complete!

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
If anyone in Texas want a third row I have one. I put the Seat in my Wife LR3, But I would be happy to be rid of the seats for good from both trucks.

gabrielef

I’ve thought about removing my 3rd row now that we have a 7 seater LR4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is in SF/Bay Area I have one as well I'd be willing to let go. It's black leather and I have the trim and other bits, just taking up room in the garage.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I took my third row out for Front Runner shelf/drawer system. Put the seats on this site and another site, no one was interested and after three months I tossed them in the trash. seemed like such a waste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles