Photo Theme of the Week - 4/7 - 4/14 - Sky

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
Here's the rules:
~Picture must be taken after the theme has been posted.If you do not follow the rules you will be dis-included for the next month of contests.
~New Themes to be posted every Monday.
~Polls to be posted Tuesday after all entries have been received.
~No photo editing allowed, other than cropping or resizing. (slight re-touching is OK, but must not alter the integrity of the original photograph - AKA = turn into artwork as opposed to a picture)
~One entry per person.
~Take a photo of what the theme represents to you.
~If you want your submission voted on, it must be posted by the following Monday (24:00 Midnight Pacific Time) of the week the theme was posted.
~Post your EXIF data if you would like to, it will help us all learn about the photo settings used for different types of pictures.
~Do not post original sized images, due to viewing on the forum will be difficult.
~The poll winner can give a theme to be placed for the next week's theme.

Theme: Sky

pwc

Explorer
14 shots at 55 seconds each (f/2.8) taken last night looking East to city lights, then stacked.
Camera: Canon 5D
Lens: 16-35L at 20mm
ISO: 50

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
smbisig said:
post deleted
No worries, deleted mine, too. I don't have a digital camera and so I'm but an observer. I do like seeing what you guys come up with in a week.

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
DaveInDenver said:
No worries, deleted mine, too. I don't have a digital camera and so I'm but an observer. I do like seeing what you guys come up with in a week.

If you can take a film picture, print it and scan it in a week (or even two - we could prolly change rules if most agree) that could be one route for the film camera people!!!

:)

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
OFRD_GRL said:
If you can take a film picture, print it and scan it in a week (or even two - we could prolly change rules if most agree) that could be one route for the film camera people!!!

:)
Yeah, yeah, as I look at several rolls from like Christmas time that need to get souped. I'm lucky to get 6 months turn around in the darkroom anymore.

geodasher

Observer
Sky entry

"Peace on my little town, haze-blessed, sun-friended,
dreaming sleepy days under the world-champion sky."

from "Home Town" by William Stafford

sky.jpg

Camera: Olympus E-330
Focal length: 11
FNumber: 6.3
Exposure: 1/160 sec.
Date & Time: 04/13/08, 6:34 PM PST

geodasher

Observer
Wow!

pathfinderdriver said:
Zion Utah
Taken with Nikon D40x
ISO 800 18mm f3.5 21sec
Strange, moody photo. One of those cases where the camera sees something different than our eye but the result appeals to our imagination. Did you have any idea this is how the photo would look when you took it? (If yes, I might be a little afraid of you!) I'm not sure how it relates to the theme but I'd vote for it anyway if it had been submitted on time.

I actually was taking a picture of the moon at the time and saw what a longer exposer did to the tree so went even longer exposure. The orange glow of the tree came from a fire behind and to my right. I tried painting the tree with a led flash light to change the color to blue, but the fire was brighter then my flashlight. The picture was actually taken on the 8th, but I was on the road and didn't get back to my computer in time to post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz